Why is Verizon tech support so frustratingly hard to get to do anything?
B5grumbler
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had slow internet (2/0) for at least four weeks.  None of the buttons on the "contact Verizon" page work.  Clicking on them does nothing.  All of the troubleshooters report "internal error" and stop working.  No tech support page pops up in the speed test when it fails, unlike what is implied in the directions.   I finally managed to get a chat with a tech called Mohammed after asking one of the chat folks in billing (you can be sure Verizon keeps THAT department available) to transfer me.   Mohammed told me that i needed a new modem (the old one was quite old, so that made sense).  I paid some $55 for a new modem and it was delivered fairly promptly.

The new modem did nothing.  I still had the exact same infinitely slow speeds.  None of the Verizon support page stuff worked, just as before.   I went through billing again to get to MD at tech support, who told me to stand by while they checked it out, and then nothing for 25 minutes, upon which the chat apparently timed out.  Internet speeds are unchanged.  The Reverse Tracerout Tool cannot reach the server before getting the maximum number of unresponsive hops.

This is all incredibly frustrating.  I know that Verizon is a monopoly here and so they don't want to spend any money supporting customers who have no other choices, but the least Verizon could do is just admit that they do not have any contact procedures, rather than providing fake ones that they know don't work.

Anyone got any ideas on how to backdoor into a Verizon tech support capability that can actually help a customer?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is Verizon tech support so frustratingly hard to get to do anything?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Contact their social media support team via @VerizonSupport on Twitter or https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Contact their social media support team via @VerizonSupport on Twitter or https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are the slowdowns at all hours of the day and night? Just during the day? Just during the evening?

TheTenthDoctor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon tech support doesn't want to help anyone.  They want to avoid helping people.  If your speeds aren't below a certain number, they know they don't legally have to do anything to fix it.  This is because with their billions of dollars, instead of investing in improving services to customers, they buy politicians whom they can influence to do whatever makes them the most profit.  Politicians seem to be cheaper than upgrading wiring or installing FIOS for people.  There's a small chance you might get lucky and get one of the nice people who work at verizon to actually do something, but it's really luck of the draw.  

I recommend looking into XFINITY or other cable providers.  That's what I'm doing.  I'm sure their customer services isn't any better, but I'm betting their speeds are.  

timnyc1

I acquired a Verizon account name just so I could salute your beautifully written complaint. You must be a clergy person. Verizon, a corporation run by a plutocrat who wants nothing to do with anyone who doesn't work for him, refuses--in spite of having cash cow monopolies in several states--to hire adequate repair staff. My wife and I, in Manhattan, no less, have seen the number of repair people halved, then halved again, then halved once more, over the past ten years. This is an intentional move to scare people into purchasing the more lucrative Fios service. Your business office route to service was extremely clever. Thanks.

0 Likes
zaphod2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’ve been trying all day to have a repair person come to the house after exhausting all the plug, unplug, turn off, turn on of a fax machine line that is no longer working as a fax machine,

Cannot get anyone from Verizon to come check line out.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MDDEM,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes