westell versa link 327w to recognize iphone
backyardbrewer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got an iphone and it won't  work with my westell versa link 327w.  The phone finds the network and I enter the password, but the phone doesn't display wi-fi and the "lock" icon on the phone isn't  unlocked.  A friend told me it is because the modem isn't set up for IOS format.  Does anyone know how to remedy this problem?? 

Labels (1)
Re: westell versa link 327w to recognize iphone
gsdirect
Enthusiast - Level 1

Your device will work with Mac/PC, however you must go into a web browser on your computer in order to edit/change any necessary settings for you iPhone to access the router. If you haven't already done so check in the instructions of quick start guide to see the default settings are on your router. You may have to tweak a setting or two in order for the iPhone or possibly another wireless device to be able to connect to it. FYI The following text I copied for you from the product description: "Installation can be done in minutes through a standard browser interface." If it came with a CD install it and you should be taken to your web browser. From there you can rename the router, change settings, create passwords, etc. I hope I helped. Good luck.

Re: westell versa link 327w to recognize iphone
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The lock is supposed to remain locked, even after you enter the password on iOS. If you are entering in the correct password (keep in mind, WPA and WPA2 security keys are case sensitive), the iPhone should at least be associating. If the password is wrong the iPhone should tell you it was incorrect. What you'll find next to your network name once the iPhone attempts to associate is a Blue Arrow. If you press that after entering in your wireless key properly, see if the iPhone obtains an IP address that is not a 169.254.*.* address.

0 Likes