911 only?
Beast

I have a question pertaining to 911 service.  I canceled my Verizon landline, but I still have DSL through them.  I also have a cell phone.  Weren't there laws stating that 911 had to remain active on phones (both cell and landline), or do I have to pay Verizon $30 a month (their cheapest plan available to me) to have Enhanced 911?  I know my cell phone can still call 911, but it is not as good as the Enhanced 911 service available on a landline.

Thanks for the info!
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: 911 only?
zooky
Contributor - Level 1

@Beast wrote:

I have a question pertaining to 911 service.  I canceled my Verizon landline, but I still have DSL through them.  I also have a cell phone.  Weren't there laws stating that 911 had to remain active on phones (both cell and landline), or do I have to pay Verizon $30 a month (their cheapest plan available to me) to have Enhanced 911?  I know my cell phone can still call 911, but it is not as good as the Enhanced 911 service available on a landline.

Thanks for the info!

Does this imply that FioS phone DOESN'T have 911 unless you pay extra!!??!?!?!?

0 Likes
Re: 911 only?
chartle
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think it pertained to landlines, even if it did you don't have a land line. 

You have a pair of wires coming to your house that are not connected to any phone service only a data service.  If what you say was true I should expect to hook up a phone to the extra line that used to come into my house when it was two families and dial 911. 

0 Likes