Ability to block dialing of long distance numbers
DrGCP

The Verizon person told me with this new Digital Voice, I could set up a password that must be entered in order to dial long distance numbers from my phone.  I was told it was easy to set up w/ the Home In Agent thing.  Well that does not seem to be the case.  Have I been dupped?

0 Likes
Re: Ability to block dialing of long distance numbers
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

DrGCP,

We are sorry that the information was not communicated  to you in a detailed manner.  You can block International Long distance calls with FIOS Digital voice not  U.S. long distance calls because with most FIOS bundles long distance calls are free.  You can log into the Digital Voice Account manager  at   www.verizon.com/fiosvoice  with your Verizon username and password.  There is a tab there that is labeled Administration. Under that tab you can control blocking international calls . If you would like to have all long distance removed, we will have to assist you with getting it removed through the business office. Please let us know if you need any additional information. 

Thanks Tonya C.

0 Likes
mike19691
Contributor - Level 1

I think there is also a feature called Call Gate that could assist with this issue, but I am unaware if this feature is available for Digital Voice.

0 Likes
DrGCP

Call Gate is not available in Virginia.  Man Sad

0 Likes