FIOS Digital Voice Installation Question
moboo
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you're a current FIOS tv and internet subscriber, does a technician need to come out to install (or connect) something to your FIOS equipment in order to receive digital voice?  Our home phone is currently with another company.

I saw this in the FAQ on Verizon's site:

The service technician will access the outside of your home to activate the lines going into your home. If you want additional phone jacks installed, the technician will need access to the interior of your home. Extra charges may apply for installation of additional phone jacks.

However, I'm receiving contradictory information from Verizon customer support when I call.

Thanks for your input.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS Digital Voice Installation Question
moboo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was finally able to speak with someone in Tech Support Saturday (yesterday) that was very helpful and knowledgeable.  Her name is Regina and she was AWESOME!!  She sent a service technician out today to hook up our new phone line.  It took the tech only a few minutes to move the line from our old box to our ONT.  Our home phone now **finally** rings in our house. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If you never had phone on FiOS then yes a tech will need to come out, and disconnect the wires from the old copper nid and over to your new Fios ONT

the inside wiring in your house is today not connected to that Fiber ONT, so you will need someone to connect it there.

0 Likes
moboo
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's what I thought.  Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
moboo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was finally able to speak with someone in Tech Support Saturday (yesterday) that was very helpful and knowledgeable.  Her name is Regina and she was AWESOME!!  She sent a service technician out today to hook up our new phone line.  It took the tech only a few minutes to move the line from our old box to our ONT.  Our home phone now **finally** rings in our house. 

0 Likes