FIOS Phone
akasjl
Enthusiast - Level 3

All, I recently switched to Verizon, been about a month.  I have had issues with phone since day one; either, dial tone but cannot dial out, no dial tone, or a voice recording telling me the call cannot be completed.  (I also have had internet issues, slowness.)  Techs came out a few times and allegedly fixed the problem.  This past Friday, phone goes down, I call it in and am told it is the ONT and that a replacement will solve the phone and internet problems.  Basically, I am told the services were not communicating properly with ONT.  Since no one ever offered that up before, I think to myself, I finally got someone who diagnosed the problem.  Today, a new ONT was installed.  Alas, 8 hours later, no phone service, could dial but call could not be completed; internet also very slow.  They rebooted my ONT remotely just now which "fixed" both the phone and internet.  I am hoping the reboot did the trick but have doubts since the ONT was new and my phone still went out and internet was slow.   I think the problem is more than the ONT.  What I have noticed twice is that when the internet access goes slow, my phone goes out.  Verizon is telling me they are not related.  Perhaps not, but I just reported my observations.  Anyone out there have an idea why my phone goes out?

0 Likes