HELP! I need my copper wire back!
FIOSCust

WARNING!!!  Verizon  "upgraded" my standard copper wire phone service with a fiber optic line (FIOS) also.  I use to never lose phone service.  Since I "upgraded" to FIOS phone, I have lost service several times.  A couple times when my battery ran out and recently when lightning caused a problem with the battery (this got my internet also).  When I have requested adamantly that I be changed back to copper wire, they WON'T do it.  But a technician told me that in order to switch back to copper, Verizon only needs  to switch something in their computer system and then a technician would have to make a simple change outside the house to switch back.  But he also said "good luck in trying to have them do it".  So now I am stuck.  Do I need to change phone providers in order to get my reliable copper wire back?! 

0 Likes
Re: HELP! I need my copper wire back!
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Switching back is very difficult once you're a fios customer. I've only heard of 2 customers that have been successful over the last 3 1/2 years. Both did a lot of complaining and made contact with upper managers at Verizon. Good luck and be persistent.