how to get caller ID to include area code since Digital voice requires dialing area code
sj3vans
Enthusiast - Level 1

We did not expect that we were goping to need to dial the area code when we went to Verizon's digital voice.  But ok, now we do.  BUT why then does my caller ID not include the area code?  This makes it extremely difficult to call people back using our phone system's caller ID? Is there a feature I'm missing here somewhere?  Thanks.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to get caller ID to include area code since Digital voice requires dialing area code
sj3vans
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nevermind.  I'm an idiot.  I found in the phone system where it was supressing the area code because it had been programmed with my area code.  Once I removed the local area code setting, the area code started showing up on the caller ID which allowed me to then hit dial and it would dial the area code as needed by the Verizon VoIP.

View solution in original post

Re: how to get caller ID to include area code since Digital voice requires dialing area code
sj3vans
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nevermind.  I'm an idiot.  I found in the phone system where it was supressing the area code because it had been programmed with my area code.  Once I removed the local area code setting, the area code started showing up on the caller ID which allowed me to then hit dial and it would dial the area code as needed by the Verizon VoIP.

JRTEMT
Contributor - Level 2

our phone allows you to arrow down to repeat the number to redial three ways"

original number

prefixed with '1' for long distance

prefixed with area code....

so, check your user guide.

@sj3vans wrote:

0 Likes