iPad & iPhone app or website to check voicemail
ahc11
Enthusiast - Level 2
Im able to access The Verizon call assistant from both my iPad and iPhone and yet when I click on a voicemail to listen to it, nothing happens. I'm assuming they are using java or flash or something... Is there a plan to have an app that will allow me to check my home phone Vm when I'm on the go? If no app, then will the web ever support the iOS devices? It's a pain to have to dial a local access number, wait, enter my home number, wait, enter my pin, wait... And then have to navigate the key commands to play, erase, save a message. I'm sure others would find this extremely useful. Andy
0 Likes
Re: iPad & iPhone app or website to check voicemail
planofiosuser
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am looking for the same thing! When out of the country I have access to the internet but don't want to spend the money to call voice mail and listen to my messages. I don't know why they don't have an app for Call Assistant.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Thats a great idea! This would be a perfect candidate for the Verizon Idea Exchange. Please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please add a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange . The Verizon Idea Exchange is there for you to submit your ideas and suggestions to Verizon so that we can consider them as we innovate our products and services.

0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

Last post was a long time ago - I'm wondering if anything has happened here. For me, the whole point of access to Voicemail via email is to access while away from home without having to make a phone call (for all the reasons already stated and more).

Anybody know if there is a way to access via iPhone or iPad? Hasn't worked for me.

0 Likes
beadnik

I've searched online, asked at the Apple Store, and called FIOS Tech support several times.  First rep said that IPad not compatible with Voice mail on FIOS.  Second one told me to download MYFIOS app.  Did that and there's no link to voice mail. Third rep told me to go to  fios.com/voicemail but that doesn't work on IPad at all.  I am totally frustrated as I am traveling abroad without a laptop for the first time.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

The "My Fios" App (version 3.4.2.52) is what I have currently installed on my IPHONE.  There is indeed a button for VoiceMail.  Be sure you are able to logon to the app.

Also, do you have FIOS Telephone Service?  If you have the old copper phone lines these apps may not be applicable to that phone service.

the website you can try as well is:

http://www.verizon.com/fiosvoice

This will give you access to all of your phone settings including the ability to listen to voicemail.

You can also have VoiceMail notifications sent via text and an email with a WAV file as well.

Hope this helps

Jim

0 Likes
beadnik
Maybe My Fios on IPHone is different. There's no icon or link on IPAd App. I'll try downloading the IPhone app. Thanks for suggestion.
0 Likes