No dial tone on landline
LWMIMI

Every time it rains, my landline becomes unusable because of static, followed by loss of the dial tone a few hours later.

My community does not have Fios, and I do not want to loose my Verizon landline. Today, I sit here at home all day waiting for Verizon to repair the line again.  This will be the 3rd or 4th time in the last 3 months that I have had to place a repair request and being told I have to be home from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. 

The first time the phone line was ‘fixed,’ I waited 2 days for the appointment, sat home waiting that day, then around 2:00 or 3:00 I tried the phone and had dial tone.  No one ever called me to tell me it was fixed or what the problem was. The other repair appointments, at least a technician called to tell me he was on the way and called when the dial tone had been restored, but still I had to wait most of the day for these repairs.

Why can’t Verizon fix the issue? I do not want some device in my home to convert my landline phone to a cell.  I want and need my regular Verizon landline.  If I am forced to use this box, I will just switch to the cell service my community uses, Comcast/Xfinity. 

My grandfather, my mother and a husband all worked in Maryland, for Bell Atlantic/Verizon and retired from these companies and I have been a customer for almost 50 years.  I really do not want to leave Verizon, but I need a reliable landline phone.

What has happened to Verizon’s customer service? 

0 Likes
Re: No dial tone on landline
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi LWMIMI,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes