residential voice mail
carmot

How do I retrieve(listen to) my voice mail messages?

0 Likes
Re: residential voice mail
renebob

This will be only my attempt to answer. It's what I've learned:

Retrieving voicemail (messages) involves gettting a local access number from Verizon, and programming it into your phone so that it dials the number automatically with a couple button presses. So you need the manual for your phone to see how to do this.

--Then you need to establish a "passcode" which will get you into your particular voicemail box, where you can set standard greetings and all the regular stuff...

MY OWN question, following yours, is: Why do I need to input my passcode 2 or 3 or 4 or SEVERAL times before I can listen to my voicemail??

Sometimes the lady robot won't take the passcode at all and I have to try again later.

It's maddening. --VERIZON are you listening?

0 Likes
VZ_Kevin
Contributor - Level 2

Carmot: PM me your telephone number and I'll fetch the VM access number for you if you still need it.

renebob: Are you pressing pound (#) after inputting passcode? Can you duplicate the issue on another phone? Phones set to tone dialing?

0 Likes
larryw9999
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon's tech support voice portal systems have a feature that provides you your voice mail access number.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are have plain old telephone service:

- Call 1-800-Verizon.

- Confirming your telephone number.

- Say "Tech Support"

- Say "Telephone Service" 

- Say "Voice Mail"

- Confirm  (YES) Voice Mail Problem

- Say "forgot my access number"

The system will then provide you with your access number.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are a Fios Customer:

- Call 1-800-Verizon.

- Confirming your telephone number.

- Say "Tech Support"

- Say "NO" to .com questions.

- Say "Phone"

- Say "Voicemail"

The system will then provide you with your access number.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Likes
angifitz

Hello.

I also don't have an access number to retrieve my voice mail.  However, I did sign up for a VZ service called "Call Assistant" that would allow me to access my home phone records - caller id, voice mail, etc.. online, but I'm not able to log into it.  Can you please help! Thank you.

Angie

0 Likes