robot calls completely out of hand
rbord99

Within the past few months the volume of calls we're getting on our FiOS landline has skyrocketed.  These are VoIP calls that can pretend they're from a number in our home town or metro area.  We're getting 15-20 a day, with at least 8-10 every evening.  We never answer any number we do not recognize, but Verizon needs to do a better job at blocking these calls.  Why not have a feature that allows blocking VoIP calls, since none of our family/friends or local business use that (AFAIK)?

In the meantime, I just found out about and signed up for NoMoRobo, an independent service that works with FiOS and is linked to your home phone line (just as it can with your mobile phone - highly recommended!).  First day, and now for many of them we get one ring before the service takes over.  That helps.  Allow blocking these completely!

0 Likes
Re: robot calls completely out of hand
polock

I totally agree - we've been receiving these calls from the same company (Credit Management) for more than 3 years now and the frequency is increasing.  Thing is, I am paying for this landline, and its time VERIZON stepped up and got us a working solution - or - I'm going to cancel service and find a replacement option.  NOMOROBO helps, but not enough.  We, the consumer, are at a huge disadvantage because companies like VERIZON won't do anything unless a ton of us get together and make a stink and the truth is most of us are hoping someone else expends the effort.  Hey VERIZON, enough is enough!  Fix this or lose customers...starting with me!  I'm not paying to be harrassed by ROBOCALLS any longer.  You have 2 months before I give up on you.

0 Likes