VCA Voice Call Player
RalphTomaccio
Contributor - Level 1

I recently tried to play a voice mail in the Voice Mail tab of the Verizon Call Assistant "My Home Phone" on-line and received a message saying "The VCA voice mail player is not installed on your computer. Please install the player before attempting to listen to your voice mail messages."

Now, I have searched for voice mail player on the Verizon web site and received absolutely "ZERO" results.

I then went to the VCA installed on my Windows XP computer and did a search in that as well and the window within VCA went totally white and produced nothing what-so-ever.

Questions:

1. Where exactly do I find this VCA voice mail player?

2. I receive the same message when I try playing a message using Firefox on my Mac as well.

3. Why is there absolutely no information on the Verizon web site or in the desktop VCS software about it? So far, I have found the VCA software useless.

Can anyone offer any help, please?  Thanks.

Re: VCA Voice Call Player
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Good evening RalphTomaccio,

You will find most all of your questions are answered at the Verizon Call Assistant website: http://www.Verizon.com/CallAssistant

The player you are having a problem with is Windows Media Player 6.0 or greater using plug in Macromedia Flash player 7.0 or greater which you may need to reinstall or update.  VCA is not MAC compatible but how ever does work in conjunction with Firefox.

Thank you

0 Likes
RalphTomaccio
Contributor - Level 1

When I click on the link you provided I get the following:

We're sorry....
We are not able to process your request. To continue, please select
one of the following options:

What's up with that?

0 Likes
daterps

@RalphTomaccio wrote:

We're sorry....

What's up with that?

I get the same thing...

And they don't have a Mac compatible application?  Unblieveable

I don't know why do I stick with Verizon any longer

For the love of god Verizon, it is 2011, do you think you can develop a voicemail capability the automatically emails me when I get a new voicemail (not just a notification, but the actual sound file) so that I don't have to login to your website?  And, maybe at least use a voicemail player that allows me to go to specific parts in a message rather than having to listen to the whole thing even if I only want to hear a small part of a message again?  

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@RalphTomaccio wrote:

We're sorry....

What's up with that?

oddly, it's case sensitive,  so you he capitalized the C in call and the A in assistant

so it's www.verizon.com/callassistant   all lower.   gets there for me. 

RalphTomaccio
Contributor - Level 1

I can't believe an employee of Verizon responding to a specific question would not know their site required all lower case in their URL. And why that is necessary blows me away as well.

I revisited my voice mail and, this time, I received a pop-up saying that a plug-in was required. It installed and worked adequately. Why that didn't occur the previous times is beyond me.

Thanks for the correction on the URL,Hubrisnxs.

And Daterps, you're right. With the current popularity of Apple products, I can't believe a major company like Verizon isn't at the top of their game and have not developed tools for Mac users. Coming from Comacast I must say that, overall, I'm not impressed with anything Verizon is offering so far. The quality of FIOS TV is not noticably different than that of Comcast. And with Comcast voice mail, I could log-in on-line with my Mac or PC and get messages with no problems what so ever. And it came standard as a Comcast customer. You didn't have to jump through hoops to get their equivalent of Verizon's VCA. And I never got those ridiculous messsages reminding me that I am using proprietary stuff such as:

"NOTICE - PROPRIETARY SYSTEM
This system is provided solely for the use and convenience of Verizon's customers, to inquire about and manage their Verizon accounts. Any other use is prohibited. Verizon reserves the right to monitor use of this system, and to act as it deems appropriate to prevent, investigate, and prosecute misuse or fraud."

That should automatically be accepted and understood one time when I agree to use the service/site, not each time.

0 Likes
FireFish1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm yet another baffled customer who cannot believe that Verizon hasn't pulled their act together by now & made a Mac VCA application. In fact, I can't even listen to my voicemails at all from my Mac, not even through the browser.

Smiley Mad

Verizon: Where does the $180 a month I pay for my FiOS bundle end up going?!?!

0 Likes
C_Rick_FLY

Seems EVERYONE but Verizon can provide something that works. I even downloaded Verizon Call Assistans and installed it. have nothing but problems with it. By the end of the day, I gave 25 - 35 open VCA bars at the bottom of the page.

Your money probably goes to pay the overseas agents that MUST follow script or do not know what to do!!

0 Likes
AbbyNewtown

So I just called Verizon to get some support for VCA and after a description of a lengthy trouble ticket process they were initiating on my behalf, the woman mentioned that it will take a long time because VCA is going to be discontinued soon so they aren't putting a lot of resources behind it.  I was curious if maybe they were planning to replace it with something better, but she didn't know.

I agree, can't imagine why in 2012 they can't just email my voicemails to me!

0 Likes