Verizon Not Releasing Landline Phone Number
Bssket

I have Verizon landline phone service only. I want to port out my landline phone number to a wirelese carrier. However, the other carrier says Verizon is not releasing the number. I provided the other carrier the Verizon phone number, account number and the account PIN I created (though when I called Verizon, they said there is no PIN for my Verizon landline phone number so I can port out my number anytime). Why is Verizon not releasing my phone number? 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Not Releasing Landline Phone Number
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

There could be a few reasons (but the exact one(s) won't be known to us fellow end users).

Outstanding balances and information mismatch between Verizon and the new carrier are common reasons.

Ultimately Verizon will have to explain what the holdup is.

Re: Verizon Not Releasing Landline Phone Number
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bssket,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes