Voicemail Messages from other people's accounts
mjr01746
I am getting emails for this 516-377-XXXX (private info omitted) mailbox that I do not own.  How can I stop this?  I can't find a place to report this.  

An example email is below. 

A new message has arrived in your 516-377-XXXX mailbox.

Sender: "UNAVAILABLE from 866-XXX-XXXX
Recipient: 516-377-XXXX
Type: Voicemail
Subject: 19 sec voice message

You may access your Verizon FiOS® Digital Voice online account manager by visiting www.verizon.com/

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail Messages from other people's accounts
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mjr01746,

Please be aware that this a forum where users help other users. If you wish to speak with a Verizon representative about your issue, then please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
mjr01746

That system sent me in circles and would not tell me how to fix this problem.  Can ayone here help me?  Very frustrating to get someone else's messages.  I'm sure whoever owns the number is unhappy as well!

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mjr01746,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes