Who repairs old landline phone jacks?
morgen94
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have (old) landline phones and (new) smartphones, but one of the landline wall jacks is not working. Who -- if anyone! -- repairs old wall jacks? The phone that was plugged into it stopped ringing and had no dial tone, but when I took that phone to another working wall jack, it worked, so I assume the wall jack is faulty. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Who repairs old landline phone jacks?
jonjones1
Legend

@morgen94 wrote:

We have (old) landline phones and (new) smartphones, but one of the landline wall jacks is not working. Who -- if anyone! -- repairs old wall jacks? The phone that was plugged into it stopped ringing and had no dial tone, but when I took that phone to another working wall jack, it worked, so I assume the wall jack is faulty. Thanks.

Well Verizon can do it, but they will charge you for repair of the jack or line. You could simply buy a new wall jack and place the wires in the proper connections (Black, yellow, red, green etc.) then try the phone. I knew years ago Verizon telephone had a way to use a hand held scan device which told the repair man if the line was live.

you can call an electrician but of course they charge by the hour. It may be best to have Verizon fix it. Additionally Verizon use to have a wire maintenance agreement that may still be offered or that you may be paying for. Check your monthly invoice.

morgen94
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I would LOVE to have Verizon repair the jack, as we haven't had a problem with it in close to 50 years, so it deserves it. However, I spent about an hour and a half today trying to get contact information and a human, but I kept going around in online circles and my only two options for support were this forum and a chat with an automated service responder. I tried the chat and got a completely irrelevant answer. Is there  a secret handshake, or something, that would get me to a human repair person?

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi morgen94,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.