Wrong Disconnection & Charge a new activation fee
TellMeJD

Customers, 

I hope this is my unique experience with Verizon service, but like to let you know this may happen to you also.

After 2 years agreement, Verizon bumped up the rate about by $20/month.  I called and asked disconnection on 7/29/2014, but they did on 7/24, when I found my servivce was gone, I called immediately in the morning of 7/24.  Per Verizon representative, recoverying the service was not possible without going through new service request, new account number, etc --it took 3 hours in the morning on the phone.  Then, Verizon's estimated bill was emailed to me.  It shows that Verizon will charge 'one time activation of $69.99 (each bill I need to pay $23.33, but I will disconnect it on 7/29 ...so I should pay full).  I called back to the service.  Now, the representative told me that they would not waive it.  Supervisor even told me that his records show that my service was disconnect on 7/21 not 7/24.  I tried to correct him, he keep saying his records are correct (his name is Dan and never gave me his full name or contact) and could not waive the fee.   After about 5 minutes of talking with him back and forth , he agreed to put a note that would indicate the one time activation fee would be waived.  However, I am not sure it would not come up again -- because when I reactivate the service, I specifically asked service representative about it, and she said there would be a note to waive it, then I found there was no note when I called again after receiving the estimated bill...

0 Likes
Re: Wrong Disconnection & Charge a new activation fee
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Wrong Disconnection & Charge a new activation fee
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Since we havent heard back from you, we have closed out your private support case.  If you still require  assistance please reach out to us we are available 24/7. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes