ESATA External Storage Options
hardcorerobot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Will the DVRs running 1.9 be able to support 3TB disks?  What about multiple drives in an enclosure running RAID 0 (or 1)?  I understand that VZ will not be able to guarantee that all configurations or even drives of certain capacity will work, but I am wondering if there is anything built in that will prohibit it.  Like, some limit on the amount of storage it can address?  In a few years will it be able recognize a 6TB drive?  Though, I hope we aren't on 1.9 in a few years, so thats probably moot...

Hopefully as its rolls out more and more people can report back success stories, but it may be an expensive lesson to learn if I have to try it blindly 😄

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ESATA External Storage Options
tns
Master - Level 2

@hardcorerobot wrote:

Will the DVRs running 1.9 be able to support 3TB disks?  What about multiple drives in an enclosure running RAID 0 (or 1)?  I understand that VZ will not be able to guarantee that all configurations or even drives of certain capacity will work, but I am wondering if there is anything built in that will prohibit it.  Like, some limit on the amount of storage it can address?  In a few years will it be able recognize a 6TB drive?  Though, I hope we aren't on 1.9 in a few years, so thats probably moot...

Hopefully as its rolls out more and more people can report back success stories, but it may be an expensive lesson to learn if I have to try it blindly 😄

Supposively any size.  Which would mean up to theoretic maximum for eSata which is 8EB (a exabyte is about a million TB).

Whether that is true is another matter.

0 Likes
Re: ESATA External Storage Options
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Support versus utilize are 2 entirely different questions.

The best information we have received from the programming group indicates that 2 TB MAY be utilized.  Can't vouch for that as I just have the WD 1TB expander.  Posters over at DSL Reports have indicated that they have tried 2TB drives with conflicting information.  The system recognizes that the drive is 2TB but only lists 1TB as useable (on the diagnostic screens).

0 Likes