Guide not full screen as advertised
matthew326
Enthusiast - Level 2

I honestly don't know why everyone is complaining about 1.9, I think it is great!

It was long overdue an update and I am glad to finally have a hd guide BUT in all the previews of it I have seen, they said the tv guide would be 16:9 however on my one it isn't.  I looked in all the settings but didn't see anything obvious, is there something I am missing?  Also, sometimes guide can take a little while to open after pressing the guide button, just me?  Will it get better?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Guide not full screen as advertised
nascar
Master - Level 1

OK then if the HD wide screen guide is not an issue than you don't need a 7 series.  You would if you did want the wide screen guide and eSATA expansion.  Plus the new 7232 has a 500 gig hard drive which is larger so you can store more recordings.  You do not need a specific DVR for multi room, the 6416 will do that just fine even if you don't want it.

I'm just trying to let you know you have choices. 

matthew326 wrote:

Why do you say I will be happy I did?

Don't get me wrong, I would probably be happy if I did but what makes you say I would be happy if I did?  I am really not interested in a multiroom dvr as I just know that would cause WAY to much conflict, we have a dvr in each room and yet I still find all my recordings on my bedroom dvr being deleted.

I don't really want to get a brand new DVR just so I can have a widescreen tv guide!

View solution in original post

tns
Master - Level 2

Full screen HD guide is only available on Motorola 7xxx and Cisco STB's.

What type box are you using. 

0 Likes
AlKey1

I have HD DVR QIP 4616-2 and it can only display IMG in 4:3. The other STB QIP 7200-1 works fine and the new guide is displayed in 16:9.

0 Likes
matthew326
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know what kind of box I am using as I am watching it using my slingbox.  I am away from home at the moment and won't be back until the end of this month.

Is there a way to find out what type of box I have in the system info?

I got it sometime in August of of 2010 so considering it is less than a year old and it can't support a full screen guide is absolutely ridiculous!

What is Verizon's reason for not having the full screen guide on my model?

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1
Try Menu... Settings... System Info... Then look at the Platform ID. 

You can also check online here...

https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/members/MySetTopBoxes.aspx

matthew326 wrote:

I don't know what kind of box I am using as I am watching it using my slingbox.  I am away from home at the moment and won't be back until the end of this month.

Is there a way to find out what type of box I have in the system info?

I got it sometime in August of of 2010 so considering it is less than a year old and it can't support a full screen guide is absolutely ridiculous!

What is Verizon's reason for not having the full screen guide on my model?

0 Likes
matthew326
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, my receiver is a QIP-6416 P2

I can watch all hd content in widescreen and hd so why the hell did verizon decide to single out my HD receiver?

Considering I got my receiver less than a year ago, would it be possible to get a free upgrade?

nascar
Master - Level 1

It is a limitation of the 6416.  Get your self a 7 Series DVR.  You will be happy you did.  I know the website speaks of a charge but if there are any Verizon stores near you with boxes you may avoid a swap charge.

https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/members/DvrExpansion.aspx

matthew326 wrote:

Okay, my receiver is a QIP-6416 P2

I can watch all hd content in widescreen and hd so why the hell did verizon decide to single out my HD receiver?

Considering I got my receiver less than a year ago, would it be possible to get a free upgrade?

matthew326
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't get me wrong, I would probably be happy if I did but what makes you say I would be happy if I did?  I am really not interested in a multiroom dvr as I just know that would cause WAY to much conflict, we have a dvr in each room and yet I still find all my recordings on my bedroom dvr being deleted.

I don't really want to get a brand new DVR just so I can have a widescreen tv guide!

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

OK then if the HD wide screen guide is not an issue than you don't need a 7 series.  You would if you did want the wide screen guide and eSATA expansion.  Plus the new 7232 has a 500 gig hard drive which is larger so you can store more recordings.  You do not need a specific DVR for multi room, the 6416 will do that just fine even if you don't want it.

I'm just trying to let you know you have choices. 

matthew326 wrote:

matthew326
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ah okay, well thank you very much for your help!

I may go and get one once I get back home!

Thank you!

0 Likes