Motorola QIP-7200 P2 and WD DVR Extender My Book AV
nycplayboy78
Contributor - Level 1

Hello everyone I just received the IMG 1.9 update today in the Washington, DC area (NoVA). I have the new Motorola QIP-7200 P2 DVR (500GB) and I have the WD My Book AV DVR Extender (1TB eSATA) which is according to Verizon's website is one of the supported DVR Extenders. I have tried to get it synced with my DVR and nothing is working. I have tried turning off the DVR STB completely and My Book AV and then turning on the DVR and waiting for it to come up fully and then connect the eSATA DVR hard drive and nothing happens. So I then turn to the menu to add extra storage I get the error message unable to process request. What is going on people?

Thanks....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Motorola QIP-7200 P2 and WD DVR Extender My Book AV
nycplayboy78
Contributor - Level 1

SOLVED!!!

Here is what I did to solve the problem:

1. Turn off DVR

2. Turn off and unplug My Book AV

3. Reboot FiOS Router

4. Turn on DVR

5. Plug in My Book AV

6. DVR will recognize external drive

7. Go to Menu -> DVR -> Recorder Status --> You should see Local Drive and External Drive

YAY!!!!

1.5TB of storage....WooHoo!!!!

View solution in original post

jonw747
Enthusiast - Level 2
There servers are probably being brought to their knees by all the people activating services. I'm seeing the same issue, but had no problem activating a HD on my other DVR earlier today.
0 Likes
nycplayboy78
Contributor - Level 1

SOLVED!!!

Here is what I did to solve the problem:

1. Turn off DVR

2. Turn off and unplug My Book AV

3. Reboot FiOS Router

4. Turn on DVR

5. Plug in My Book AV

6. DVR will recognize external drive

7. Go to Menu -> DVR -> Recorder Status --> You should see Local Drive and External Drive

YAY!!!!

1.5TB of storage....WooHoo!!!!

jonw747
Enthusiast - Level 2
I just waited until later in the evening, tried to active it again, and it worked like a charm. It automatically reboots the unit as part of the activation process.
0 Likes