Re: Poor Customer service
nascar
Master - Level 1

Malcom,

I think this post should be a sticky explaining your role here.  Now by reading this deep post I understand your role.  If it were a separate sticky explaining your role we would all know.

Until your presence, we have had next to ZERO feedback from Verizon.  There may be some animosity and doubt on this board that Verizon listens and you should know it is not directed at you personally.  I for one, and others I imagine, are very happy we have a direct channel to provide feedback.  I do feel it is essential to recognize the feedback as you did with the Sports Fan thread where you said you took it to another team so they are aware.  I think most people want to know they are being heard and their thoughts and concerns may be addressed.

Thanks for your presence here and if you can take and use my suggestions that would be great!

Malcolm_Stanley wrote:

I am a product manager and my objective here is to do a couple of things:

• gather insights you have about our product that could help us make it better
  • communicate what I can about improvements that are coming up so you understand we tried to listen and respond to your feedback.

there are others here who are more explicitly  tasked with responding to specific complaints around customer service and other issues that may arise.

That is not primarily my role, except as it relates to the first bullet point:

if your insight is that we're not executing in the manner you expect, that is interesting to us, and we consider it a product challenge to identify and address the root causes that made you feel that way.

Re: Poor Customer service
Tenkate

I too have had very poor customer service from Verizon - Actually, I had great customer service followed by very poor customer service.

In October, I wanted to upgrade to a DVR where you could add an external hard drive, so I called in and was helped by an agent who then had to transfer me to place the order.  When I was transferred I was disconnected and was not happy as I had already been waiting for 30 minutes.  So I used the live agent chat and this person was also very helpful and got me the new 7232 DVR shipped to my door the very next day!  Perfect!

Later, I was online and noticed a $40 fee (or thereabouts) on my statement and I called to ask.  I was told it was for my new DVR, I didn't really mind the fee as the cost is totally worth the better DVR.  However, they told me that I should have seen the cost when I accepted the terms and conditions online.  I told them about calling in and then the chat agent sending me the DVR, but they said that was not possible as phone and chat agents couldn't accept the charges and everyone had to request the new DVR from a Verizon webpage, when the fee was stated. 

I was very disappointed in the experience and basically the agents were telling me I was lying.  In fact they said that online form was submitted on Oct 31, which is very odd as I received my new DVR on Oct 28! 

So all in all, very poor job from Verizon.  They took what should be a great experience - getting a better DVR and made it a real sore point.

(As a side note, I also changed my phone service to Digital Voice in November and was without a line for ~4 days because the agents messed something up.  It wasn't until I got a Verizon employee on the phone, as opposed to an outsourced agent, that it was fixed)

0 Likes