The info banner is too big when switching channels!
freejack_1971
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think that the information banner at the bottom of the screen is too large when I switch channels.  The vertical length of this banner is almost half the height of the screen!  This is unnecessary!    

I don't want to see an episode description that's half of a sentence.  And I don't need a Search option or any other useless widget.

All I want to see is the channel and the name of the show.  If I want more info, then I can press "Info".

Something like this:

FOX   American Idol

513   Press Info for more...

That's it!

Labels (1)
Re: The info banner is too big when switching channels!
nascar
Master - Level 1

Making it smaller but not losing valuable program/show information would be nice.

Put your ideas here...

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/idb-p/ideas

freejack_1971 wrote:

I think that the information banner at the bottom of the screen is too large when I switch channels.  The vertical length of this banner is almost half the height of the screen!  This is unnecessary!    

I don't want to see an episode description that's half of a sentence.  And I don't need a Search option or any other useless widget.

All I want to see is the channel and the name of the show.  If I want more info, then I can press "Info".

Something like this:

FOX   American Idol

513   Press Info for more...

That's it!

Garduc

Anybody know of a way to deselect the info bar appearing at all?  I do agree, that it should at least take up less of the screen with a short view time.

0 Likes
ragsralph
Enthusiast - Level 2
I agree completely - way too big
Plus as I posted elsewhere, the grey type against light blue background makes reading very difficult.
Hey people..write in and maybe something will be done!
0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

I pushed for a user selectable setting of how long it would stay on screen.  Maybe a future release.

I agree.  Voice your opinions...

@ragsralph wrote:
Plus as I posted elsewhere, the grey type against light blue background makes reading very difficult.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@nascar wrote:

I pushed for a user selectable setting of how long it would stay on screen.  Maybe a future release.

I agree.  Voice your opinions...

@ragsralph wrote:

Exit Exit Exit. I pushed that button so many times on my previous imgs, I think the button is almost broke. I am glad VHO-4 did not get to beta, I would probably not be liked much. Still can't wait to see it here. But I am sure this area will be last.

0 Likes
pfawcett1

I emailed them, what a crock. Like I change channels alot, now I can't even see the show because I only have time to view the info before  I switch back to the other program just to see more info.  Which if I want info, thats what the stupid info button shold be for.  Who's running the shop, maybe you should get off your chair and look at a TV.

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

In December, when I first got the beta, I had literally said the same thing about them using their own 1.9 IMG and watching TV.  I'm still on the release candidate so my Info Bar is up for 8 seconds. Smiley Surprised   

I was told the Info Bar is up a lot shorter so the final deployed 1.9 IMG is way better now than it was but, yes some further subtle changes like this would make it better.

pfawcett1 wrote:

I emailed them, what a crock. Like I change channels alot, now I can't even see the show because I only have time to view the info before  I switch back to the other program just to see more info.  Which if I want info, thats what the stupid info button shold be for.  Who's running the shop, maybe you should get off your chair and look at a TV.

0 Likes
SunshineToo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree it is too big, takes up too much of the screen.  No one has helped me via email.  Hope someone out there can give us some help to minimize it's size.  Thanks, glad it's not only me that finds this obtrusive into the TV Screen.

0 Likes
bobbk
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am not sure if this helps  pushing ok button removes immediately

0 Likes