$30 RETURN PAYMENT FEE VZ WONT REFUND
brokefromcovid

Called Verizon Financial Service # for a refund. Rep said MY BANK charged THEM a fee for the autopay declined payment. However, I contacted my bank right after and they said they don't charge 3rd parties, and if anything they'd put that fee on my account (which makes complete sense). 

Verizon Rep used the excuse that because they were charged from my bank they can't refund me the $30.

Now I have confirmation my bank charged them nothing and yet they put this huge fee on my current bill and refuse to refund. REFUND ME OR GIVE ME INVOICE PROOF OF THIS CHARGE FROM MY BANK VERIZON

Chat Transcript with Bank down below:

Ally Assist: Hi. We're Ally Assist, an artificial intelligence designed to help you. We can do a lot, and if we can't do something, we'll get you a human associate who can. How can we help?
___________: i need to see
Ally Assist: See you next time!
Ally Assist: Can we help you with anything else?
___________: if you charged verizon
Ally Assist: We’re sorry we can’t help you more. We'll get you to an associate.
Ally Assist: You'll see if there's a wait once we transfer you. We'll pass along the conversation we've had so far, and you can go ahead and start telling your associate more details about your issue if you want.
Info: Let me get you to someone who can help. It'll take just a moment.
Info: You are now chatting with 'Kami'
Kami: 

Hi ________, this is Kami from North Carolina. Please allow me 1-2 minutes to review your previous conversation with Ally Assist.

Kami: 

I will be happy to look into that for you.

____________: did you guys charge verizon a return payment charge
Kami: 

We do not charge third parties any fees.

_________: verizon says on July 8th
_________: ther was a return payment charged by you
_________: to them
Kami: 

How did you make the payment?

________: ACH
________: they charged me $30 return payment fee
________: becasuse they say Ally charged them $30
________: because my payment returned
Kami: 

We do not show any record of them attempting a payment. We do not charge those fees.

________: if anything
________: you would charge my account
________: not them correct
Kami: 

That is correct.

________: ok let me call them

0 Likes
Re: $30 RETURN PAYMENT FEE VZ WONT REFUND
jonjones1
Legend

I am not your bank or Verizon billing, however first thing you do is stop autopay.

after doing that simply pay the invoice as one time payments.

you could have your bank do a charge back to your account stating what Verizon has done.

however if your automatic payment did not go through than Verizon and other companies do charge $30 or more. So make sure it was sent through properly. Check your monthly bank statement and Verizon invoice. Read what it says before taking more actions.

0 Likes
Re: $30 RETURN PAYMENT FEE VZ WONT REFUND
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi brokefromcovid,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes