Re: $400 Visa Gift Card Not Received
cbick7

Got roped into triple play verizon fios package at the Verizon store in East Rutherford.  Price they were offering seemed too good to be true and was way better than what we were paying with another provider.  The guy we were dealing with knew what package we had at the other provider, what channels we wanted and what we expected of our service.  We find out after Fios was installed that the price he told us was for SELECT HD, not PREFERRED.  We didn't even have animal planet, which I thought was standard, basic cable.  So we had to accept the extra cost of Preferred and fight for the movie package that was promised to us in the original plan.  We were told initially that the prepaid visa card takes 90 days or so to process.  Here we are five months later and there is no visa card.  It turns out that when we changed to the plan that we were under the impression we had in the beginning, we were no longer entitiled to a gift card.  It would have been nice to know that.

Oh, I'll pass on the "free" tablet offer that requires a two year contract and monthly service charge.  No thanks.

0 Likes
$400 Visa Gift Card Not Received
lovelymilena

I havent received my visa gift card. Ive been checking the site and it says "Processing"

0 Likes
thecontes822

I was also promised a $50 & a $400 giftcard when I signed up in February and I have yet to receive either gift card. I have been back annd forth with {edited for privacy} (a supervisor in NY), she keeps promising she will get back to me but never does. It has been over 2 weeks since my first contact with her and now her voicemail is full. I am so outraged because I was reluctant to even switch from Optimum to Fios but I was promised these giftcards so I decided to give them a try. I now absolutely regret this decision. Please help me get this resolved ASAP.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello thecontes822

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
ChiFamily1

Verizon,

As with numerous other unhappy customers, there is a promised $400 prepaid Visa card that seems unlikely to be delivered until I have contacted the corporation through every medium possible. After unsuccessful attempts to call and message a representative, I have taken to the forums in hopes that someone will finally respond.

The order date of my Verizon services was on January 10th, 2015, with installation on February 10th, 2015. The email address listed has been monitored as instructed, and there's an eligibility for an LG pad / $150 off a tablet (which I'm pretty confident is irrelevant at this point).

May I please have an update on this prepaid card? Please advise on how to proceed.

Thanks.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ChiFamily,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
cchew4950

When I signed up for my new account. I had signed up for a 2 year contract because I was promised a 400 dollar Visa card. This was the only reason I had signed the 2 year contract. I understood that I had to have no balance for 60 days and it would be shipped in 90 days after the account was opened. I waited the 90 days and heard nothing. After that I Called, and was told that the card was never added to the account. So they said they was going to put it in a order and it would take another 30 days. It had been 30 days and I have not recieved anything. I am getting upset because I held up my end of the bargain and Verizon can not seem to hold up theirs. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cchew4950,

Have you followed up with Customer Support to see what the current status of your card is?

0 Likes
cchew4950

Yes and I keep getting the run around. 

0 Likes
rodzmarti

I was supposed to receive my $400 gift card in November 2014. I followed up various times. I was discouraged to continue to follow up because it took lots of time rehashing the issue, being transferred to various Verizon folks, then holding, then being transferred to the promotions division, which is an entirely different 800 phone number. I stopped calling and following up. Then I had crappy service in June and remembered I never got my card.  So I started the process again.  Was told I would get it in 30 days. Call back 34 days later. One rep tells me it is approved and printed, but it will take 15 days to receive it. I ask to speak to a supervisor.  A supervisor tells me that it has not been printed, and it is approved but still pending. It is being escalated to corporate management to find out the issue and I will hear back in 7 to 10 days. WHAT?! I have to wait 10 days for someone to call me back (which they probably won't, I will end up calling them); and apparently at that point it will take another 15 to 30 days for the card to go out to me.  I AM BEYOND DISAPPOINTED IN VERIZON. That too, was the reason I decided to go with Verizon -- it was a nice perk. I should have received it last Christmas or right after Christmas which would have been nice, now it's almost 8 months later and I have yet to be told that the card is in the mail to me.

0 Likes