Re: $400 Visa Gift Card Not Received
peter_combe2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in the same situation. We recieved the post card with the PIN stating the card would be mailed in 15 days. Two months later, no gift card. On top of this, I started to check the status/mailing date. The date CONTINUALLY gets pushed further and further backward. I contacted customer service and spoke with Cynthia. She "has never heard of that happening". From the look of this forum, it happens more often than not.

The mailing date has been pushed backward at least five times now. I just want the truth here.

I'm tired of being pushed around on this topic.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi peter_combe2,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Tino2

It seems as I am the latest customer that has not received the $400 gift card. I signed up on July 1st. Made several inquires to customer service with no advancement in my case. Please advise.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you checked here: https://rewards.verizon.com/

0 Likes
ocajaichin

I got scamed arround the 400$  visa card as well.

After being a fidele customer for over 3 months,  on 9/21 verizon representatives told me that I am not going to get the card because, although I signed up originally for this particular promotion, later on my plan was changed by one of

Verizon representatives ( without letting me know of any of that). I admit, one of your representatives

wrote that I do not qualify for some reason. At that point, I wanted to cancel the installation

appointment and call Time Warner Cable instead. However, I wanted to make sure that representative

was right, so I opened another chat, with Veronica, on June 9 ( i have saved that conversation because I

knew I might have issues with verizon). What is worse, on 9/21 Carl told me he can't find any records of

my conversation with Veronica . How convenient for Verizon?! But to my knowledge, deleting evidences

is ILLEGAL. And all the IT info is normally stored for at least 3-5 years in any company.

Also, on June 8 I had various phone conversation with various verizon representatives, at 5.46pm,

6.52pm,7.52pm, who ALL ASSURED I AM QUALIFIED FOR THE 400$ GIFT CARD! and that the

representative who told me I am not going to get it was wrong. I was told that the 400$ gift card is

promotion for those who stay loyal to the company and pay the bill on time for 3 months, which

obviously I did.

What is frustrating is that your representatives now tell me I have a better option because I have free

DVR and 300 minute world plan. I NEVER ASKED FOR IT! I DON'T WANT IT! I don't mind paying for DVR.

But what concerns world plan calling: I NEVER WANTED IT, I DON't NEED IT, I NEVER REQUESTED IT or

USED IT.IT is simply USELESS for me. It should be ILLEGAL to put it on my contract without my request

and take away from me something I requested.

The reason my plan was changed is either because the girl who did that wanted to take advantage of

me, or because she was not trained. Anyway, that was besides frustrating, but to some extent certainly

ILLEGAL since I never authorized any of that change.

I wrote a complaint email but the answer I got was that they can't help me because it contains clasified information. But when I try to chat, nobody seems to be able to help me either.

If I don't get help this time I probably will turn to the BBB.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ocajaichin,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Tino2

@ElizabethS wrote:

Have you checked here: https://rewards.verizon.com/

Yes, I have tried the rewards link... I have tried all avenues, which lead me to post here.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Tino

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
ScarlettJ

New to town, I signed up for service at the end of July, taking advantage of the Triple Play offer and the $350 Visa Prepaid gift card. It has pretty much been a nightmare ever since, from installation issues to billing issues to too much time spent on the phone and on chat with customer service to get it resolved. (It finally was.) 

Shortly after installation, I received the postcard announcing that my Visa prepaid card would begin processing 61 days after installation. I tossed it in a drawer. I'm closing in on 90 days now and pulled the postcard back out of the drawer. I logged on to the rewards site with the username and password to check the status. The status says the card was mailed on August 5, which I'm fairly certain is not the case, since that is before I even received the postcard saying it was processing. 

Based on the stories I'm seeing in this forum, I am starting to suspect I may never see this card. Does anyone actually GET their card or is this just the king of all scams? 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You need to call Verizon to verify if it actually was mailed.

0 Likes