BAIT AND SWITCH SCAM NOT RESOLVED AFTER 8 MONTHS!!!
Dexter85

I'm trying again to get this resolved. Here's my original issue:

I wrote Verizon months ago in email and through the forum and their only response was that they WOULD NOT RESPOND IN WRITING to this issue and they closed my case. They probably wouldn't put anything in writing because I appear to be the victim of a bait and switch scam. I ordered a Verizon triple play package on 5/29/2013 and I was supposed to receive the following with the order:

- $200 gift card
- $10 off of this package for 24 months
- $5 24-Month Contract Discount
- $5 Special Bundle credit for 24 Months
- $5 Credit for 24 Months

I also ordered online specifically Showtime at a 50% off discount price of $6.99 and HBO with the same 50% discount which left me owing $9.40.

I was also supposed to receive a Multi-Room DVR credit for 12 months and to have a set Top Box SD fee waived  (A multi-room DVR costs $19.99 a month and a set Top Box SD costs $11.99 a month).

In addition, the fee for my phone number, FIOS digital voice, were both supposed to have waived fees.

My total cost before taxes was supposed to be $120.88.

INSTEAD when my Verizon was hooked up it took months to receive my $200 gift card and they only sent me the activation code and NOT the PIN number and so the card is useless. In addition, the phone number on the card only sends you to an automated service that doesn't give you an option to talk about problems only to check balances.

Also, when I went to watch the discounted premium channels I purchased at a discount I had NO HBO or SHOWTIME and had to pay $20.99 for the fully loaded entertainment package because the Verizon spokesperson I spoke with said that I was NOT ALLOWED to buy Showtime and HBO individually (even though I had done so online and there are currently deals online offering this same offer).

I am also being charged $19.99 a month for the Multi Room DVR (which was supposed to be waived). Ironically, my Verizon account says the fee is supposed to be waived but every single month I am charged for it as well as the set top Box SD!

In addition there is some charge for a Security and Backup bundle for $10.00 which I have NO interest in having and did not sign up for.

Because of all of these mistakes I'm currently paying a whopping $180.96  a month instead of the $120.88!

I'm completely frustrated at this point, if for no other fact than no one at Verizon seems willing or capable of helping fix the situation. I have told multiple people not to buy Verizon including my family who is currently about to run out of their Verizon services for their home as well as their business and are planning to switch over their home and office facilities to another company now because of my bad experiences.

Please can some competent person at Verizon help! Thank you for any help and of you can provide
0 Likes
Re: BAIT AND SWITCH SCAM NOT RESOLVED AFTER 8 MONTHS!!!
wloo64

I too was the victim of a similar situation.  I was told that my monthly bundle of phone, internet and TV was going to be $145 per month for  the entire 24 months.  This was for 5 HD receivers but no dvr.  also, I was told that my first two months would be free in lieu of the $300 gift card which was the promotion at the time.  Low and behold, instead of getting the first two months free, I received $20 per month discounted.  Had I known that, I would have opted for the gift card.  I'm trying to find contact information for the corporate executives so I can start writing letters.  I will also be contacting thebetter business bureau as well as the FTC.  Currently, my bill is now $190 per month, not the $145 that they promised.   

If you have any ideas on who to contact, or contact information, please share.

Good Luck

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dexter85,

When you posted about this originally, a Private Support case was created for you.  The case was closed due to no response.  We have reopened the case for you. 

Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.Private Support Case

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi wloo64,

Have you contacted Verizon Support about your billing issues?

Contact Us

0 Likes
wloo64

Yes I have contacted your customer service reps.  Spoke to a Daniel {edited for privacy} who confirmed the mistake on Verizon's side.  He referred me to the customer retention where he told me that they would be able to let me out of my contract without paying the early termination fee.   I spoke to a supervisor named Judy L. in the Missouri call center and was told that she would not do anything.  It's my understanding that you record calls.  I would like you to review the call where I placed my order and see hear what was promised.  I have also written an email to Nancy B. Clark of your executive management.  Her auto response said that someone from her staff would be contacting me the first business day to address my issue.   I'm still waiting for that call.   If you would like to call me to discuss this issue, that would be fine.   Send me an email to {edited for privacy} and I'll send you my cell number.  I do not want to post it here.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi wloo64,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear from you on your Private Support case. If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Ali Adam

0 Likes
Dexter85

Would someone please notify me when they respond to me! I get no email that I have received a response until you close the case! Once it's closed there is NO METHOD to contact anyone with Verizon. Could someone please make an actual attempt to contact me? Verizon has my email, mailing address, and two phone numbers...is it really this hard to get a response in writing from Verizon?

I supose I will have to keep reposting until someone makes a serious attempt to contact me.

Thank you for all the responses from all of the other customers, at least I'm not the only one to be scammed...

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dexter85,

We have reopened your private support case.  If you want to be notified when an agent has posted, you will need to subscribe to the thread.  More importantly, you need to access the case thread and respond to the agents' requests for information.  The agents cannot begin to assist with your issue until they hear from you.  The instructions are provided here:

Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.Private Support Case

0 Likes