Billed for Service After Disconnection Date
ArmyMedic

Long story short - I had Fios internet-only installed on 12/27/20.  The service had an outage for multiple people on my street on 1/11 and Verizon said the earliest they could have someone to assess it would be in 2 days. That was unacceptable as my security alarm, security cameras, and job require me the internet.  I canceled my service, on 1/11, received an email from Verizon that states:

Disconnect request order number: {edited for privacy}

Your services will be disconnected on: Jan 11, 2021

So why is Verizon trying to squeeze the full month of FIOS service billing from me instead of the 2 weeks I had service? This is a pandemic, I need to work as much as I can and your services interrupted my ability to generate income. Now I have a little money left over from my VA disability and Verizon wants to take that, by telling me today that the email doesn't matter, I had service for a full month. I asked for a supervisor and the representative said her supervisor feels the same way and never transferred me.

This is robbery. Verizon is trying to bully me into paying for something I did not receive and claims their email statement confirming my service was disconnected on January 11th means nothing.  I am disabled, but not slow. I will take this to the local and national media, including, but not limited to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau today. I am disgusted at anyone taking advantage of the less fortunate, especially a mega company like Verizon, trying to choke the little guy. 

0 Likes
Re: Billed for Service After Disconnection Date
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ArmyMedic,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes