Billing Complaint For Residential Service
Flattop54

Back in June of 2011 i called to cancel my service with verizon that i had for some years. i had phone service, internet and wireless service. so i was told that i would be charged a $200 contract termination fee. I immediately wanted to know why because i was only terminating my home phone and internet service which i have had for years. I was told because i was given a new account when I went to one bill adding my wireless service.  no one told me of that information and so I asked to speak to someone in management because this did not make any since to me. she went on to say that I had a change in my service which started my contract over again and I immediately told her that I was not able to get direct tv and my account should have never been affected because I could not bundle my services. She told me that she would waive the fee as a courtesy. I then after several months rec'd a zero balance bill and then a bill from a collection agency stating that i owed 219.00 dollars and so I called verizon back and wanted an explanation as to what this bill for was and no one could tell me so therefore i was given the run a round. i called the collection agency back and they could not help me either. It doesnt make since that verizon could not explain to me what these charges were for because i knew that i had paid my bill and they closed my access to online billing so i could not look at my account anymore. I am now being harrassed by another collection agency that this account has been transferred to and still no one can tell me what these charges are for except for landline services and my landline service was never that amount and that i was given a new account number and the charges were transferred and so I owe this money. This is ridiculous and now is on my credit report. I will never ever ever use verizon anything anymore. I currently have verizon wireless service and that contract will be up in november and I will not give verizon any more of my money for practices like this. I am not paying something that I dont know what it is for and no one can explain to me and now have ruined my credit.

0 Likes
Re: Billing Complaint For Residential Service
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes