Black Friday offer
LJohn58
Enthusiast - Level 3

I really want to warn people about the FiOS Black Friday offer (it was a $69.99/mo Tripple Play for two years for existing customers). I just attempted to utilize the offer using the link from the text message (I had signed up to receive it through the app).

I have screenshots to show how the estimated new price was $123.99/month, which made sense with the addition of set top boxes, DVR and router. I have the detailed checkout screen which estimates my new monthly bill at $123.99/month.

The response email for the new package lists my estimate monthly bill at $175.08

imageOffer page linked from textimageLower part of offer pageimageBeginning of checkout screen

0 Likes
Black Friday offer
Subielover
Enthusiast - Level 3

Beware! There was an offer in my account for a black Friday deal. The offer said same plan, lower price! 74.99/mo w 2 yr agreement. Plus, 1 year Amazon prime & Amazon echo. I added it to my cart and it brought it to $93.99 with the equipment added. I placed the order. My confirmation email says $221! I tried to call right away and can't get ahold of anyone.

0 Likes
Re: Black Friday offer
LJohn58
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow, I am so glad I am not the only one that was affected by this problem (not glad you were, but glad that enough people were affected that Verizon MIGHT take notice). I spend about an hour and a half on two different phone calls plus 20 minutes on chat yesterday and did not get this resolved. Phone people said they couldn't help with an internet offer and chat people said I had to get it resolved with a phone call!

0 Likes
FrankinBoston

I almost fell for this black friday offer but decided verizon was not clear in its additional fees, and previous discounts that would be cancelled for my additional equipment.  I would contact the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND COMPLAIN.  When my 2 years is up in February 2019, I am going to switch back to COMCAST.  My total bill is currently $268 per month and I believe I would save $40 per month to switch.

0 Likes
LJohn58
Enthusiast - Level 3

A few of my screen shots were removed becuase they had personal info on them. Basically, when you check out, you see a listing that breaks down the items. The monthly cost prior to taxes shown on the acceptance screen after submitting the order was  $123.99,  and the response email stated it was $153.99, a difference of $30.

I notice that similar issues have been esculated by moderators here; I have messaged a couple of them directly to see if they will esculate my issue. If not, I am planning to go with Comcast as well. It's a shame because Verizon's internet is better IMO.

Subielover
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea mine went from 94 to 221. And mine was the before taxes price too it already showed all the other fees and discounts. I have all the screen shots too. I noticed they merged our threads but no escalation so far. 

0 Likes
Bubbs1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the exact same issue!!!  I signed up for the 79.99 promo.  After recieving the email that my bill would be $256 I tried to utilize online chat.  HUGE mistake.  After 3 chats of not getting anywhere but frustrated I called into Verizon.  The person I spoke with was polite and explained that there may have been a glitch in the system and he reversed my order so I was back to where I was.  He instructed me to try again later.  Later that night I tried it again.  This time a promo for 89.99 came up.  I processed the order taking screenshots all the way through givin my first experiance and everything went through fine.  Wrong again!!  My bill showed 189.99 plus fees and taxes.  I got on the phone again and demanded to talk to a supervisor.  I was told by him that the order was what it was.  I demanded to reverse the order.  I was than told that he couldn't do that becuase it wasn't possible.  SOO not only did they bait and switch me they got me stuck in a higher price because they can't return my plan to the way it was.  Total bait and switch.  I will be on the phone with the Better Business Bureau and the Public Utilities Comission Monday morning.

Bubbs1
Enthusiast - Level 2

imageimageimage

Below is from the confirmation email they sent me.

Thanks for reaching out to make changes to your services. Here are the details of your requested changes and an estimate of your upcoming bills.

If you have any questions or want to access your account for a more detailed view, sign in here.

Your Order Summary
Order date : Nov 23, 2018
Effective date : Nov 23, 2018
Order number : {edited for privacy}

Services Ordered: Monthly Amount
Verizon Triple Play $114.99
–Fios Digital Voice Unlimited  
–Fios TV Preferred HD  
–Fios Internet 150/150  
–Fios Gigabit Connection Upgrade  
–$10 Exclusive Ordering 36 Mo. Discount thru Nov 22, 2021  
–$15 Special 24 Mo. Discount thru Nov 22, 2020  
–$15 Special 36 Mo. Discount thru Nov 22, 2021  
–$10 Special Speed Bonus 36 Mo. Discount thru Nov 22, 2021  
–$10 Special Speed Bonus 36 Mo. Discount thru Nov 22, 2021  
Multi-Room DVR Enhanced Service $20.00
Rent: HD Set-Top Box 2 $24.00
$2 TV Equipment Package Discount Included -$2.00
Pick Your Premiums $15.00
–HBO  
Fios Quantum Gateway+Tech Support Pro $15.00
Estimated Monthly Subtotal $186.99
Taxes, Fees and Other Verizon Charges (see detail) $22.07
Fios TV Broadcast Fee $3.49
Regional Sports Network Fee $7.89
Estimated Monthly Total^ $220.44
0 Likes
evpoole

I have had similar issues.  I had a saved cart from a Verizon rep that was supposed to be honored through Friday but I wanted to compare with their Black Friday promotion for existing customers which they had sent me an email about.  When I went to login for the promotion I tried several different scenarios and sometimes got great prices, sometimes horrible prices, but when I got good ones and tried to check out it would instantly change to significantly higher numbers, some double the original quote or more.  I also have screen shots.  Multiple chats did not solve the issue and often got disconnected by Verizon.  A phone call to support also got disconnected after 45 minutes trying to resolve the issue.  Here is the most recent screen shot comparison and another earlier one - none of which I have been able to purchase at these rates.  And my previous cart that was supposedly saved has disappeared and is not being honored.  I also think I will need to contact BBB. image

0 Likes
Subielover
Enthusiast - Level 3

imageOffer in cart

imageEmail confirmation. Very different and not what I agreed to.

This was my offer and the email. The email also doesn't mention the Amazon prime or echo at all.

0 Likes