CONTRACT RENEWAL NIGHTMARE PLEASE HELP
FAMEDASH1

I will try to be as informing as I can.

My initial contract was set to expire September 12, 2015 (give or take a few days for exact date).

On 7/20/15 I went online to renew my 2 year fios contract and thought everything was good so I submitted the order.

Once I received my "estimated" bill, it was more than $40 dollars of what I was expecting.

Immediately I contacted customer service through chat and was informed my order was cancelled within 24-48 hours and to return the router through mail or at a fios store location as the rep was unable to cancel the router. I also called in to customer service to explain the issue and was informed the same 24-48 hours for the renewal to be cancelled and my original contract to be reinstated.

On the week of 7/31/15 I had the router returned:

FiOS Equipment Dropoff Receipt {edited for privacy}Date : 7/31/2015

Store: ABC54

Accepted by: {edited for privacy}

Store Address :  West Orange, NJ 07052

After I dropped off the router, I paid my July-August bill and noticed that my account stated that my services was until July of 2017. I immediately contact chat support and was informed that the initial renewal agreement was not cancelled fully, and the rep I chatted with ASSURED to me that he will submit the correct info to have renewal contract cancelled and initial original contract to be reinstated. I asked for an email or anything in relation to this information which the rep typed:

{edited for privacy}

I waited about another 10 days and saw the problem was still not fixed, I then called customer support ONCE AGAIN and spoke to Mrs. Green who stated she would contact me one this entire ordeal was fixed. Mrs. Green called me on 8/13/2015 and informed me that this situation still has not been resolved and would contact me later on.

On 8/17/15 I get my August-September 2015 bill and the amount owed is showing the new contract price that I have not authorized.

So now, not only has my renewal contract not been cancelled, my initial contract end date is fast approapching, and NOW i have to deal with incorrect billing amount for my last month.

I just want the new contract to be cancelled, and get back my original contract end date of September 2015 and just move on with my life.

Someone please help because I have not gotten any answers with phone and chat support.

0 Likes
Re: CONTRACT RENEWAL NIGHTMARE PLEASE HELP
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi FAMEDASH,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes