Disgusted with Verizon and Had Enough!!
Disgruntled010
Enthusiast - Level 1

"The Verizon commitment is to put our customers first by providing excellent service and great communications experiences. This is what we do, and this is why we exist. By focusing on our customers and being a responsible member of our communities, we will produce a solid return for our shareowners, create meaningful work for ourselves and provide something of lasting value for society. As a result, Verizon will be recognized as a great company."

If Verizon would stick to this mission statement, they may have retained me as a customer.  I have never seen such poor customer service!  

My problems began on 11/26 when I ordered the DSL and telephone package.  I was given an order number by the customer service representative and told all equipment would arrive on 12/2.  Well, 12/2 came and went and I still had not received my equipment.  I called customer service on 12/3 and I was informed that the order did not exist in the system.  How was that possible?  I was told the rep did not finalize the order.   

Needing service, I agreed to a new order being placed on 12/3 and with equipment arriving on 12/6.  The package actually did arrive on 12/6!  I followed the guide for installation and my DSL line was not working and neither was my phone.  I called cutomer service and followed the automated steps for trying to fix the issue myself.  Still no luck!  Next, a customer service rep told me that the issue is on the line and she would be dispatching a tech.  

First tech arrived on 12/9, left a note that the issue was on the cable (just like the customer rep said) and it would be fixed in 24 hours.  Why he didn't fix it, I have no idea.  Second tech arrived on 12/10, and told me that the telephone lines are crossed somewhere between my house and Norristown, PA but it should all be fixed in an hour.   Well the phone rang but no one was on the other end, so my assumption was that everything was fixed.   

Third tech arrived on 12/11 to tell me that he was focusing on the DSL line.  He fixed the DSL line, today, but noted that the telephone lines are still crossed and that issue has not been fixed.  He also let me know when he was troubleshooting in my box, he actually heard someone else on my line and disconnected them.  So, the second tech didn't even fix the problem.  

Tonight, I have been trying to use my fixed DSL line and downloading a web page is taking 1-2 minutes or longer and streaming video is constantly rebuffering every second.  I had enough and I called Verizon Customer Suppport, to try and help with the issue.  I reviewed everything with the agent and she ran some tests and had me on hold for over 15 minutes.  After completing the test, she asked me how many computesr are running on the line?  i explained only one and I was just streaming a few videos.  She explained that she was seeing heavier traffic on the line but could not tell me how many computers were being used.  Then she went off to perform more tests and called me back two times.  In total I wasted 50 minutes of my life only for her to tell me that the issue is my anti-software on my computer as she can not find anything else that could be wrong on Verizon's end.  When I asked the agent if the issue could be the lines being crossed, she said that is a possibility but the lines are all clear and she sees great signal strength.   Just to be clear, I have used this computer with Comcast (my previous provider) and had no issues at all.  Also, I used another computer without anti-virus software and I was still having the same slow download time and buffering issues.  I asked to speak to a manager over 3 hours ago and to this point, i have heard nothing back.   

So, I sit here in my house using a neighbor's wireless service.  I have been without functioning internet for 2 weeks, with no end in site.  My phone rings constantly for another person and when I answer, there. is no one there and the only information I receive from Verizon is that my antivirus is the cause of all my problems.  Really?

I have had enough!   

Re: Disgusted with Verizon and Had Enough!!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Disgusted with Verizon and Had Enough!!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Disgruntled010,

We will close the private thread now. If you ever need help with anything else, let us know in a new public post.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes