Dont get sucked in by the promotions
hhhjr2

First of all I have never had a complaint about Verizon Wireless, other than it is expensive, but it is a good service. OMG FIOS is another story. First they lie to you. First lie, was that i needed to rent the router from them. Well when it didn't work with my equipment and 3 hours after it was installed, (2 of them hours on the phone), it turned out that my equipment didn't work with their router. Only after I told them to send the installer back and remove the equipment they activated the Ethernet port on the ONT (optical Light Terminal), and wala my equipment worked just fine. The second thing was when I placed the order, no problems in the entire communications, but at the end he started telling me about upgrading the channel package and when I told him not to waste his time, he stated that even though I wasn't interested, he had to fully disclose the offer to me and at the end he asked if I wanted the the extra package for an additional $9.99 per month, I said no and he said ok I was all set. Disclosed the monthly fee included estimated taxes and we discussed the install date. The install went pretty good, except for the fact my router wouldn't acquire the ip address, and we hooked the computer directly to the PC and said I would reconfigure everything that evening. As stated before, finally got it going after they enabled the OLT. OK so the next day Saturday, my daughter was watching TV while I was at work and called me and said there was something wrong with the MTV channels. I told her I would look at it when I came home. When I got home sure enough MTV wasn't working. Then I said let me check the channel lineup card and to my surprise MTV, the most basic and oldest know channel that I know about wasn't in the basic tier. I told her no worries I would order the package that the salesman was trying to pitch on Monday. So Monday I called and told them that I didn't need the router she said she would send me a return shipping label and package. Then I asked her to add the channels and she said ok, updated me on the system and I told her merry XMAS and thank you. 5 minutes layer she called me back and said that she had to remove the package, upgrade to a 50 up and a 50 down data package or cancel the $400 gift card along with the premium tv package that was bundled with the service. I told her that was ridiculous. At this point I an seriously considering telling them to take it out. I even called the Optimum online and told them to wait before they totally disconnected the service so I can think about it. They even offered me a similar promotion with the premium channels. I dont know what to do, but they defiantly have some shady business practices.{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Dont get sucked in by the promotions
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi howardhhjr,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Dont get sucked in by the promotions
hhhjr2

{edited for privacy}

So now that they have discontiued the promotion, I was never upgraded to the perferred package. Had go to parents to watch ESPN in order to watch the game. What a scam. That is the **bleep** you have to deal with. Tomorrow I will cancel and go back to Cablevision. Dont get sucked in. You will never get any deal! 

Here is a copy of my post to Consumer Affairs.

First of all I have never had a complaint about Verizon Wireless, other than it is expensive, but it is a good service. OMG, FIOS is another story. First they lie to you. First lie, was that I needed to rent the router from them. Well when it didn't work with my equipment and 3 hours after it was installed, (2 of them hours on the phone), it turned out that my equipment didn't work with their router. Only after I told them to send the installer back and remove the equipment, they activated the Ethernet port on the OLT (optical Light Terminal), and wa-lah, my equipment worked just fine. The second thing was when I placed the order, no problems in the entire communications, but at the end he started telling me about upgrading the channel package and when I told him not to waste his time, he stated that even though I wasn't interested, he had to fully disclose the offer to me and at the end he asked if I wanted the the extra package for an additional $9.99 per month. I said no and he said ok I was all set. Disclosed the monthly fee included estimated taxes and we discussed the install date.

The install went pretty good, except for the fact my router wouldn't acquire the ip address, and we hooked the computer directly to the PC and said I would reconfigure everything that evening. As stated before, finally got it going after they enabled the OLT. OK so the next day Saturday, my daughter was watching TV while I was at work and called me and said there was something wrong with the MTV channels. I told her I would look at it when I came home. When I got home sure enough MTV wasn't working. Then I said let me check the channel lineup card and to my surprise MTV, the most basic and oldest known channel that I know about wasn't in the basic tier. I told her no worries I would order the package that the salesman was trying to pitch on Monday.

So Monday I called and told them that I didn't need the router. She said she would send me a return shipping label and package. Then I asked her to add the channels and she said ok, updated me on the system and I told her merry XMAS and thank you. 5 minutes later she called me back and said that she had to remove the package, upgrade to a 50 up and a 50 down data package or cancel the $400 gift card along with the premium tv package that was bundled with the service. I told her that was ridiculous. At this point I am seriously considering telling them to take it out. I even called the Optimum online and told them to wait before they totally disconnected the service so I can think about it. They even offered me a similar promotion with the premium channels. I don't know what to do, but they definitely have some shady business practices.

0 Likes