FIOS Triple Play cost versus DISH Kangaroo
hcneil

My  FIOS Triple Play EXTREME expired a couple of months ago.  I like FIOS and would like to stay with them at a reasonable cost.  Just tried to Chat but the rep. who's name was on the board wouldn't respond.  All I want is what Verizon will charge me per month for FIOS Triple Play with "EXTREME" so I can compare companies .  My current speed is Download/42.76 and Upload/5.85.  This is adequate for my use.  Thanks for any help.     

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Triple Play cost versus DISH Kangaroo
tns
Master - Level 2

NOTE you are asking on a peer to peer forum.

Hate to say it but it varies.

You would do best to try the order options on this site,  just do not do the final submit.  Note the prices you get will be minus taxes and fees.  Also make sure you check what the additional cost for the DVR/STB you want.

PS If you happen to be in or near NYC, consider going Ultimate.  For that area the movie packages and a few other channels like NFL redzone are included for free.

0 Likes
edfiero
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good luck with that. I tried for 30 minutes to get customer service to tell me what the price of my service will be after the initial year of service when I am receiving a credit on my bill, and the person just went on and on about which offers they had in my area.  I said I DONT CARE ABOUT THE OFFER, I just want to know the price of the service after the initial 1 year.  After 30 minutes, my question was never answered and I finally had to go get back to my job. 

Since you are having a similar experience it sure sounds to me like they intentionally withhold the cost of service from you.

0 Likes
Martinusher

I was a Verizon cellphone customer for many years ("early adopter") but eventually gave up on them because of this sort of thing, choosing a provider that didn't have quite as good technology or coverage but offered plans along the lines of "you give us money, we give you cellphone service".

I think the problem is rooted in modern customer management practices -- variously called things like "yield managment" -- which move from traditional commercial transactions (buyer and seller negotiate a price using equal information) to a world where everything is positioned and priced to get the maximum 'yield' from each individual customers. This may make business sense, some people may find it invigorating, but I'd guess the majority find it a royal pain and will do anything -- including paying what looks like a higher price up front -- to get a stable, simple transaction.

A key element of this kind of marketing is deception -- trying to position the product or service so it looks cheaper than it does. You won't get accurate information from the company because they don't want you backing out of a deal until they've got you contracturally committed (and, needless to say, these guys know their fine print).

The sad thing is that a service like FiOS should sell itself, its probably the best data delivery technology around, but these cowboys** are making it unusuable and, believe it or not, probably doing great harm to the company in the long term.

(**I'm using this word in the English English sense; its used to describe fly-by-night operators, typically contractors, who do half-assed jobs that rip off consumers.)

0 Likes