Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Fraudulent charges from ILD (Compufix) added to my Verizon bill...

Reply
tns
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Posts: 1,759
Registered: ‎05-22-2010

Re: Fraudulent charges from ILD (Compufix) added to my Verizon bill...

Message 11 of 15
(1,234 Views)

It may be stupid, but verizon is obligated to honor these 3rd party charges unless you take action to tell them you don't want such charges.

dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 6,145
Registered: ‎09-24-2008

Re: Fraudulent charges from ILD (Compufix) added to my Verizon bill...

Message 12 of 15
(1,225 Views)

@tns wrote:

But verizon is obligated to honor these 3rd party charges unless you take action to tell them you don't want such charges.


but why?

 

Thanks.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.


 

tns
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Posts: 1,759
Registered: ‎05-22-2010

Re: Fraudulent charges from ILD (Compufix) added to my Verizon bill...

Message 13 of 15
(1,216 Views)

@dslr595148 wrote:

@tns wrote:

But verizon is obligated to honor these 3rd party charges unless you take action to tell them you don't want such charges.


but why?

 

Thanks.


Federal and local regulations under which they have to operate.

 

Yep complain to Congress and your local representives. 

dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 6,145
Registered: ‎09-24-2008

Re: Fraudulent charges from ILD (Compufix) added to my Verizon bill...

Message 14 of 15
(1,203 Views)

@tns wrote:

@dslr595148 wrote:

@tns wrote:

But verizon is obligated to honor these 3rd party charges unless you take action to tell them you don't want such charges.


but why?

 

Thanks.


Federal and local regulations under which they have to operate.

 

Yep complain to Congress and your local representives. 


Ok.

 

#1 How can users find who their local representives are?

 

#2 Can users wrtte online to their local representives?

 

Please tell more.

 

Thanks,

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.


 

spiker18
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎09-24-2011

Re: Fraudulent charges from ILD (Compufix) added to my Verizon bill...

Message 15 of 15
(1,151 Views)

I just had those same charges on my Verizon bill... I called Compufix.. and got voicemail.. so I called Verizon...

 

The Verizon agent agreed to remove the charges right away... but she said that it's possible that Compufix has already submitted a charge for next month.. .so it may take 2 more months of this to clean it up...

 

She also said that they got HER Verizon line as well... What a nightmare!

How-To Videos
 
The following videos were produced by users like you!
   
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started


Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Posts

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title