Getting charged for not returning router when customer service rep told me it was mine to keep
Upsetcustomer10

Earlier in the year, I called Verizon to tell them I was moving out of my apartment and needed to cancel my service.  The customer service rep told me that the router I was using was mine to keep.  I told him I didn't need it, and he even suggested that I sell mine.  Fast forward several months later and I am now receiving a hefty charge for not returning the router - I no longer have it, as my roommate threw it away with the confirmed understanding from Verizon customer service that we did not need to return it.

I've talked to other customer service reps since then and they said there is nothing they can do, even when I mention that the recorded call would confirm that the original customer service rep told me that the router was mine to keep.  How do I get this charge removed?  It is unfair for me to be punished for Verizon's own incompetence and misinformation.  

0 Likes
Re: Getting charged for not returning router when customer service rep told me it was mine to keep
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Upsetcustomer10,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes