I am being billed for two identical accounts at my address.
emblaisdell

Apparently, when I moved into my new house on Aug. 13th of this year, two FIOS accounts were created somehow.  I paid the first bill I received, but then received another bill for a separate account number but the same service address (the bill had been sent to my OLD address and then forwarded in the mail, likely because I ordered service at my new place ahead of time, but the billing address was not changed).

As it turns out, it is the second account that is the one I'm actually using, which I discovered when I tried to add a premium channel to the first account and it did not appear on my TV.  It worked only  when I added it to the second account number.

So, by the time I got the bill for the second account, it was overdue.  I paid the past due amount.  In the meantime, payment on the first account, which does nothing, has come due again.  I am not going to pay it.

I called customer service about this a couple weeks ago.  The representative seemed to understand my predicament and was similarly confused as to how this situation arose.  She informed me that she would pass it up the chain and give me a call back after a few days.  This has not yet occurred.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Evan.

0 Likes
Re: I am being billed for two identical accounts at my address.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi emblaisdell,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We closed your private support case. Due to you no longer responding, it seems our assistance is no longer required. We are glad we were able to get everything sorted out.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello emblaisdell,

We are closing your case as resolved. Sorry for the delay while our team worked on this for you. Please let us know if you have any comments, questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes