illicit use message - under Account information on verizon.com
SimonMason
Contributor - Level 1

Today I logged into my Account page to see how much I was paying and the web site opened up a new window that said something about ilicit activity had been detected on my account.  The page displayed did not look legitimate and there was a link for more information that didn't work but said something about javascript at the bottom of the browser when I hovered over the link.  I have logged in and out of my account and I have not been able to recreate this page.  Has anyone else seen this?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: illicit use message - under Account information on verizon.com
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, I have not.

Most users use ad blockers, Adblock Plus in Firefox and Google Chrome, and Simple Adblock in IE. They are both free. So you might want to take a look and see if one of them will help.

What browser are you using?

Re: illicit use message - under Account information on verizon.com
prisaz
Legend

@SimonMason wrote:

Today I logged into my Account page to see how much I was paying and the web site opened up a new window that said something about ilicit activity had been detected on my account.  The page displayed did not look legitimate and there was a link for more information that didn't work but said something about javascript at the bottom of the browser when I hovered over the link.  I have logged in and out of my account and I have not been able to recreate this page.  Has anyone else seen this?  Thanks.

Make sure your Anti-virus software is up to date. If you have not checked your computer for malware, you may wish to use malwarebytes free version and scan your PC.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/