Impossible to cancel
Frustrated1232

I am finding it aggravatingly impossible to cancel my internet service. In anticipation of challenges, I called a few weeks prior to my move to cancel my internet. I spent hours on hold, then was on the phone with a representative who told me he was cancelling my service. I insisted he give me a confirmation code, something to prove the conversation happened because it already felt unconfirmed.

A bill arrived for the month that was supposed to be cancelled. I had already mailed in my modem and router and moved out of state. I have been trying to call and been placed on hold for hours. I am a physician and my work hours have recently prevented me to be able to place the call during the customer service hours. 

Due to my inability to call during regular hours, I am now attempting to assign somebody as an account manager so they can call on my behalf. However, it is impossible to assign someone online. When I click on the link it takes me directly to the login page (even though I am already logged in), after logging in it takes me to the home screen. The hours that have been wasted is disheartening, and clearly a manipulation of power on Verizon's part. 

I would like to alert the FCC these manipulative business practices, and I am interested to know if other's have had similar experiences, and would be interested in filing a joint formal complaint. It is unreasonable to deny people the ability to cancel their service.

0 Likes
Re: Impossible to cancel
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Frustrated1232,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes