Question for the Admins
yenracd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello!

I noticed something that could be a "glitch" on Verizon's website.  When I go to this main page:

http://www22.verizon.com/

At the top of the page, to the right of "Wireless" and to the left of "(change)" or  "Espanol", I keep getting a random phone number and zip code.  I first I thought someone might have logged into my account so I googled their number.  It was a google-able phone number and a person's name and location came up in Northern New Jersey.  I logged out and logged back in and the number that was there was again a google-able number and it was a person from Buffalo, NY.  I checked back just now and the number showing up is a number again in Northern New Jersey (not the same as the first number that showed up).  If you look below the section where the ads change, in the bluish bar, it says "your location" and that location listed is correct and is my own location.  I'm just wondering why a random phone number shows up on this page that isn't my own number but someone else's number that is google-able.  Also, when I click on any other link on that page, the same spot at the top of the page has my actual location.  This just happens on that first main page.

Is this normal?  Or do you think it is some kind of glitch on Verizon's side?  If so, I just wanted to alert someone that this is happening.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Re: Question for the Admins
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm seeing that too ... only on my PC however.   Not on my Mac.   Definitely doesn't look right.