Ready to Cancel Verizon for Comcast,
DR650SE

Maybe I just need to vent, but here it goes.

Having worked for a cable company as a Broadband Tech, I knew how the cable business worked.  I worked for a company back home for a while and enjoyed my time and loved meeting customers.   When it came to customer service, that was our number one priority.

With Verizon I've had the opposite experience.  Especially when it comes to phone support.

When I signed up I explained that I wanted 25/25 internet and extreme HD ONLY.  It had been a long day, but when I was done with the signing up and got home, I reviewed my bill.  What happens?  They throw phone service on my bill.  Took a few days to call in before it was in the system and get it removed.  The earliest install date I get is 3 weeks out.  So I sit bored and browse comcast.  Prices are decent, but the main reason I wanted Fios was for the faster internet speeds.

Then the strike.  It pushes back my install date even more, I can't get anyone to answer a phone, or return calls to give me an idea of when I can get an install done.  I recieved messages I would get a call, but that didn't happen.  Probably took close to 5 weeks to get an install.  Fine whatever.

Never recieved a bill in the mail after the first month, couldn't check it online, and spent several hours on the phone trying to get my jacked up bill fixed.  Guess what happens?  Verizon throws phone service on my accoun without consent.  I never called and asked for it, never had phone installed, and no one called me about adding phone service  Spent hours having to call back, only to be passed from one person to the next.   This was after I recieved a prompt notice to pay the man or be disconnected, saying I'm overdue.  After several hours I have the phone removed from the bill, and appropriate credit placed on the account.  Then another hour or so of being passed around to somone that could actually help me get to where I could view my bill online.  Was told there were issues with the online service at the time and it would be a few days.  That didn't work, no one called, still couldn't get online to view my bill.  I refuse to pay a bill until I can actually review it.  Finally after a few more calls was able to view my jacked up bill online.

One of my biggest complaints was that I was told (and it's on my original print out) that I would have a 12 month multiroom DVR credit.  Verizon decided to make it only a three  month credit.  I explained this last month and thought it had been straightened out, but it still reflects on my current bill as a three month credit, and now I'm going to have to fight the same uphill battle this month.  The credit was one of the reasons I signed up.  It seems like no one at verizon really cares about how the customer feels, just that they pay up. 

Looks like tonight I'm going to spend a number of hours on the phone again, probably for nothing.

Bottom line, every step of the way has been a fight with Verizon.  The only person that I had a decent experience with was the Tech who did the install.  Not to mention my wife continues to push me to switch services. Woman Mad

If I can't get this credit straightened out, I'm switching.  My only regret is that ATT U-Verse is not in the area.  Thier DVRs have 4 tuners in them rather than the 2 in Verizon DVRs.

Not to mention I signed up in late July, install in late August, or somewhere there about, and have yet to recieve a paper bill in the mail. :rolleyes: 

Sorry if this is incoherent, but I'm sick and tired of the poor service and people having verizon change things I was promised upon signing up.  I could go on and on but it wouldn't do any good.  As it stands,  anyone I meet new to the area through work, or social functions ect, I let them know my experience.  They can take it for what its worth.

/rant Man Mad

PS:  How do you vailidate your email address?  Mine is showing as awaiting validation since early Oct, I have yet to recieve anything in my email to validate...

0 Likes
Re: Ready to Cancel Verizon for Comcast,
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I'm sorry to hear about your billing issue. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've moved your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible.

0 Likes
misscomcast1

I am glad to see I am not the only one that feels out in the cold.  Good luck with you issue with them.  I would have left already but in changing my service I had to sign a 2 year contract with Direct tv and now if I switch back to my previous carrier I have to pay more for internet service because I will not have their cable service........... I was only switching because I was told it would be $20.00 cheaper per month and I have not paid less from the start and now that I dropped all my channels with Direct Tv my bill is now lower than it was before I changed in the first place...............And my internet works for 20 minutes then cuts off for unknown time and then comes back on out of the blue........nothing is being done but hours of my time getting wasted and all I can do is change service and pay more than I should because of the lies and lack of service that Verizon has not provided me from the start ............Thanks for putting it out there for everyone to see..

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes