Renewal without permission
ss185

I surprised to find that my December bill was about $40 more than my November one.  It turns out that my contract had expired at the end of November and without a good faith effort to contact me, Fios renewed my contract on a monthly basis without my permission.  They just billed my autopay.  So, because I tried to make things simpler for them I'm out $40.  I went through all the complaint avenues but received no satisfaction.  A simple apology that we won't do this again to someone else would have sufficed.  I tried posting this on Facebook but Fios never put it up.  I'm just trying to make others aware of this improper action.

0 Likes
Re: Renewal without permission
jonjones1
Legend

Verizon cannot renew your contract at the end of your term. They must contact you and barter with you, or you with them.

you should be on a month to month non contact status. With this status you can opt to leave with no penalty.

i would also cancel autopay and only use “1 time payment from the app or web site “ never let any company have access to your money or credit cards.

0 Likes