Representative Placed Order Without My Consent
carolla

Hi.  On 8/15/18 I called customer service with a billing question.  I did not realize that Verizon had changed my billing cycle - no big deal.  The representative started in with "you know you could save a lot of money...". I stopped him and told him no less than 3 times that I didn't want to change anything.  I've had such disastrous interactions with Verizon personnel in the past, that before I would change ANYTHING, I would go into planning strategy mode as though I was General MacArthur.  I would never change services on the fly. My question was answered and I thought I was finished.

Later that day I start receiving email about the order that I placed that would take effect the next day.  The customer service rep had changed all of my services and ordered the ones he thought I should have.  I'm still angry about the time I had to spend on this issue, but I got the order cancelled.  My services were restored to their previous state with one exception.  I've been paying for inside wire maintenace for over 30 years.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I have not agreed to TechSure (which I've been told includes inside wire maintenance), and I want my account restored to what it was before this rep decided that he could change my account without consent. 

Again, I do not want TechSure; I just want inside wire maintenace restored to my account.  This was caused by a Verizon Rep and should be fixed by Verizon.  I've called about this only to be told that nothing could be done. Also,  I was told that an inquiry into the representative was started and I'd like to know the status of the inquiry.  My recorded conversation would show that I did not authorize any change to my account. 

Can anyone at Verizon help?  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Representative Placed Order Without My Consent
jonjones1
Legend

That recording is non existent. Do you believe for one moment verizon would save recordings where you made no changes?

you can contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via a google search and file a complaint. Calling is the fastest way to get results.

You can also send email to this https://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios

this is a recurring issue when calling or chatting with this company.

best of luck

0 Likes
Re: Representative Placed Order Without My Consent
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi carolla,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes