Retiree Concession Service for FIOS Bundle
Padruig1

How does one get through the runaround from Benefits Connection, FIOS web representatives, My Verizon web representatives, FIOS 800 number telling you your already a customer and refers you to Business Office that then sends you to the web again and none have a manager to escalate to. It's a far different company that I worked 30 years for. Any help, suggestion of number to call would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
Re: Retiree Concession Service for FIOS Bundle
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Padruig,

Can you please tell us briefly what the issue is that you are trying to get resolved?

0 Likes
Padruig1

I saw on the Verizon Benefits Connection website Verizon retirees are offered concession service on FIOS bundles, I used the link provided to get a verification that I qualify. I called the FIOS toll free number and because I currently have VZ FIOS TV got a message that I was already a customer and call the business office. I called the business office and they referred me back to VZ Benefits connection and I went through the verification again and again called the business office only to be told to contact FIOS directly. I went to FIOS website and there is a connection to submit your name, phone number and email address to receive a callback. I tried twice and got a message that I should expect a call shortly, never got a call back, I tried the business office again and was told all discounts have to be arranged via the web, any website I have gone to doesn't have any information on my situation.

I have concession service on several wireless devices and all was accomplished with a single call.

I have also been told there are no managers that I can escalate this to, what a different company VZ is today from the one I worked at for 30 years. 

Hope you can do something to help.

Regards

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Replies from the appropriate department can take two business days. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
Padruig1

Thank you, Elizabeth. I'll be glad to post the results.

Regards

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You are suppose to order it through the Verizon Connections website to get the deal. http://www.verizonconnections.vzcomportal.com/?CMP=DMC-CVZ_ZZ_ZZ_Z_DO_N_X036

0 Likes
Padruig1

Thanks Telcoguru, I know of that site, It's more for affiliated companies and does not address specifically concession service for active and retired VZ employees.

As an update a former co-worker reached out and I'm exploring options with her. I'll post results as they happen.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

I first had the Fios service installed at my address then used that site to get my concession.

0 Likes
Padruig1

My update comes down to this...I'm embarrassed to admit I ever had any affiliation with Verizon. It was suggested I contact the eService center, I did. spoke and IM'ed  with several Service Reps each time having to detail all previous contacts with VZ, asked to speak with a manager and spoke with two again having to detail every encounter. The managers refused to give any way to contact them directly and refused to escalate the issue but promised to investigate and call me back. The callbacks never happened and chances are slim to none that any return call made by me will connect with two of several hundred employees in one of many service centers. It seems the standard operating procedure now is to get the customer off the phone and dump them back into the blackhole that VZ service centers have become.

The Executive Appeals Office rings no answer until the call is dropped, disgraceful.

The offer of help made by Elizabeth S in a previous post has also never materialized.

If any Service Manager that worked for me ever dropped the ball the way it's happening today their career would be in severe jeopardy, of course back then customers had a way to contact me directly and appraise me of their issues and fix it.

Of course any call to Corporate Offices goes to voicemail with no return callback either.

I'm considering contacting Congressman Ed Markey, a notorious thorn in VZ's side for many years.

The work continues...unfortunately.

0 Likes
Padruig1

Before contacting Congressman Markey and getting 'big' government involved with'big' business neither which is entirely useful, I tried one last ditch effort. I was a Service Manager for VZ Tier One customers, knowing there is no applicable service center in New England I called a former customer contact in Tampa where one of many centers in VZ resides. We had a great time catching up (even got a job offer, but I'm a NE type of guy) I asked him if his current Service Manager or Account Manager could give me an assist. Within 45 minutes I got a call from a service rep and her manager. The two of them were could not be more helpful and took charge of the whole process. There is some service order manipulation to go through and they are following up on the process, they also offered their direct contact numbers without being asked to.***TAKE NOTE ANY VZ EMPLOYEE THAT SEES THIS***

It honestly turned around a sour perception that VZ is now an entity that promotes faceless, empty drones that do it for the paycheck and customers are merely an irritant.

Again I'll post as the saga progresses.

0 Likes