Third-party Charges on my Phone Bill
lytlejva
I've had nothing but telephone billing issues since switching to FIOS last October.  I signed up for Freedom Essentials and a International City plan.  It wasn't until January that I realized my ATT was still providing my long distance and international service, so I terminated the ATT service.  I started getting third-party billing from MCI for these services.  I called Verizon billing and they determined that my Verizon service wasn't set up properly and would fix and reverse the third-party charges. Also the changed by international service to "World 300"They fixed nothing on the account, but did reverse some of the charges.  They even placed a third-party billing block on my account.  I also noted to them that I had not contacted or authorized any third-party provider.

Now over the months since then, I'm still getting third-party billing on long distance and international calls.  There are still third-party charges which I have refused to pay.  I am paying the normal charges for the account.

Last week I started getting notices about the unpaid third-party charges.  I called Verizon billing again last week, was assured that all the charges would be reversed and the account would be fixed by their "Rapid Response Team"

Guess what, my FIOS service was terminated this morning.  I called Verizon Financial Services and they said there was still an outstanding balance on my account.  When I tried to explain that Billing was supposed to have fixed all this, they referred me back to Billing.  Billing said some charges had been reversed and sent me back to Financial Services.  Financial Services was no help but said I could restore services by paying the remaining balance and that next billing cycle would show any other reversal of charges.

Who can I contact other than 1-800-Verizon to resolve all these issues.  I'm about ready to go back to Comcast.

0 Likes
Re: Third-party Charges on my Phone Bill
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Third-party Charges on my Phone Bill
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes