Unhappy
JessSty

I spoke to customer service numerous times (and they are all (VERY VERY RUDE) to change my name because I recently got married.  They are telling me I have to creat a whole new account and run my credit again.  I just started with Verizon in July.  I think this is outrageous to ask for since I have legal documents showing that I was married.  They then tell me once I refused to let them pull my credit that I have to go to a notary and have my license notarized and my marriage certificate notarized.  Has anyone heard of this.  I have changed all of my accounts with no problems.  Customer Service is not willing to help you, they leave you on hold and I had them just let me sit there, telling me I have to wait 40 minutes for a supervisor to pick up.

Seriously thinking about going back to brighhouse.

0 Likes
Re: Unhappy
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

That doesn't seem to make any sense to me ... are you talking to the billing folks?   One would think that would be a fairly simple process -- although pulling credit is not atypical since it's the same social security number and would reflect any legal name change you would have filed thus expediting the process.   Absent that, they need some legal document to validate your request (i.e. that you are the same person).

If you haven't called and directly gotten to the billing folks, I'd try again and see where that gets you.