Verizon not refunding balance + deposit after FIOS cancellation - 3 MONTHS OUT!
AverageJoe4567

I cancelled my Verizon FIOS account nearly 3 months ago now.  At the time of sign-up, a $250 deposit was required which I was assured would be refunded when I stopped service.  On top of that, because you pay each month in advance, there was a close to $100 balance owed to me upon cancelling given that I did so early in the month.  

Nearly 3 months out and not a single penny has come my way from Verizon.  Why is that?  I find it insulting (not to mention possibly illegal) that Verizon has not refunded the money after so long.  Of course they will be sure to slap a late fee on your account if your monthly payment is late.  

Called and spoke to a Verizon rep 2 weeks ago who assured me my checks would be in the mail - still nothing.  Anyone know what is going on with this and how this is legal for Verizon to do?  I've NEVER had this happen before when disconnecting service with a company - refund checks are usually promptly in the mail.  

It would be nice if Verizon could put the checks in the mail asap + 3 months of late fees.  What gives Verizon?  Completely greedy and anti-customer if you ask me.  $350 is not chump change for most people.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon not refunding balance + deposit after FIOS cancellation - 3 MONTHS OUT!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AverageJoe4567,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon not refunding balance + deposit after FIOS cancellation - 3 MONTHS OUT!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

AverageJoe4567,

Glad we were able get your questions answered. We have closed your case out.  The deposit was returned on 7/20/13. Thank you for confirming that. As for the refund check, that is also on the way. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes