Verizon Test Drive
rdoherty1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recently moved to MA and had the chance to shop for cable/internet/phone providers. Comcast and Verizon offered very similar pricing for similar packages (so I thought) and I decided to choose Verizon as I had previously used Comcast and was not thrilled. Two months into my service, I received an email from Verizon thanking me for my order which was an upgraded package for an additional $70 month and a 3 year agreement versus the 2 year agreement which I was promised. When I called and spoke to a person who I could not understand on the phone, they informed me that I was part of a Test Drive promotion and the plan which I was promised that I would be locked into by the deceptive sales person no longer exists. I explained that I was certain the sales person told me I would be locked at the rate for 24 months as I wrote everything down just as she explained. He told me that I would have to choose another plan or could offer me less channels for more money. I am furious and told them to take me off auto pay and set up a disconnection date. I was informed that I will have to pay a $350 early termination fee. I was called back by what was supposed to be a supervisor to figure out what was going on. When I explained my situation and asked the supervisor to listen to the call from the deceptive salesperson, she explained that they may use it for training purposes but will not review the call because buried somewhere in the contract it mentioned test drive and they had my digital signature on it regardless of what I was promised by the salesperson. Really??? A supervisor has an unhappy customer on the phone who has set up a disconnect date and has contacted the Attorney General's office, BBB and FCC and they say "well we have your digital signature" instead of trying to come up with a solution??? Awful, deceptive company and unfortunately I am now seeing all of the posts of other frustrated customers who this has happened to. Whether you are doing Test Drive or not, this is not a company that you want to do business with. I cannot wait to have Comcast back!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Test Drive
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rdoherty,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes