Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,624 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Re: new Blockbuster app eating battery again?
AZSALUKI
Legend

maaltan wrote:

Sorry, forgot to mention ive disabled 4g.  i just use it when i need it (which is rarely, but I wanted to have it available since i paid for it by buying a thunderbolt which is why i factory reset Monday)

Also i upgraded to gingerbread last night, but not without hassle.   Because, the issue is not showing up in any searches in google or here,  Let me detail it here for postarity

1. Look for update
  2. Upgrade fouind
  3. start download
  4. <service interruption, download canceled>
  5. reenter service area
  6. Look for update.
  7. No new updates found (gingerbread update was NOT installed)
  8. Update status says "download failed" and "code:412"

After spending an hour on tech support call and going down many script paths that terminated in "factory reset phone" i told them to forget it and i would try to figure out something myself and factory reset if needed.    About 4 hours of punching the "check new" button it finally came back up.  Started download again .... and my timerriffic app sent my phone into airplane mode..   doh!.    lol.....one of my favorite apps, until i'm online at 11:45 pm and it goes into airplane...lol!!  Well of course i had same issue.   Right at 4 hours it worked again.

My assumption is that verizon only allows you to attempt to download the update once ever 4 hours.  maybe this is some kind of load mitigation they are using on release day or something.  If so it would be nice if they educated the call center staff in this behavior (or at all?  not entirely fair, i had one guy that was good.  he helped my hack my phone into 3g mode when the eHRPD stack got corrupted after the second phone).

Btw, Some random automatic mini-update thing was released after the tbolt crash fix update but before the gingerbread update  (i dont remember pushing the update button but its possibe i did) added an entry to the wireless setting menu that let you toggle cdma and lte without jumping through hoops ...  It still isnt a widget, but better than the previous alternatives This feature was included with the MR2 update. I just use LTE OnOff app. it's pretty nice.

Since gingerbread is supposed to be more aggressive against battery wasting processes, lets see how things go now...

good luck and i hope you can find a way to get your battery life back!!!!

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic
No ratings to display.