Business class FIOS availability
Xaneth

I'm going to have to say it, my experience with Verizon's customer support has been sub-par since I've been checking for FIOS availability.  Why can't a customer service representative check for availability for me, and show some good, true customer service?

Let me explain.  I've been in an area that is covered with FIOS customers.  I have neighbors and friends who have it, and in the past, when you could call in to check for availability, I was treated as if I was asking a major favor of them to check it for me, or provide me with any information about when it might become available.  This is still the case, and I don't trust the website to give me exact details about when it might be in my exact area.  They claim my address is an apartment, for instance, and it's not.

Secondly, our office is moving to a new area.  I've already gone over to the new location with our data/voice vendor to inspect the office for new data drops, etc, and when we were in the telco closet, there is Verizon FIOS equipment, which looks promising, right?  Well, I go online and chat with an agent.  I was given the business class availability site, which gives me "Gateway Timeout".  I tested not only in Firefox 3.5.2, but IE7 and IE8 on several systems on my local network at home, as well as tested from my office location on IE7, as WELL as tested from my datacenter on IE7.  My datacenter has 100Mbit up and down, this should not be a problem, but I still receive "Gateway Timeout".  The agent verified that the website was up and functional from his perspective.  That being the case, I asked if he could check for me, and the answer was a resounding NO?  Because of security?  Or because they have eliminated jobs with a website that is half **bleep**?  C'mon, what's up with customer service these days, seriously?  In addition, I wanted to get some business class pricing, and despite my questions, the chat went on ignored.  TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE VERIZON!  Don't you want customers?

0 Likes
Re: Business class FIOS availability
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

Hello there.  I am very sorry that you haven't received adequate help with your questions.  If you send me a message with any questions about availability, pricing, etc., I will get you whatever information is currently available.  

0 Likes