Community User Settings?
jlg21
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm new to the FIOS community.  Am I automatically subscribed to threads that I post to?  If so, should I be receiving email notifications when the threads are updated?  I'm not.  If not, how does one subscribe.  I believe the subscribe link on the threads is grayed out.  Can someone explain how notifications work in this community?  Thanks.  

0 Likes
Re: Community User Settings?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jlg2,

Welcome to the Verizon Fios Community.  From the forum Help page, which you can find in a dropdown menu by clicking your username at the top right of any page (the gear icon at the top right of each post is your options menu which includes "subscribe"):

How do I use subscriptions?

Subscriptions let you get email updates whenever new content appears in an area of the community that you're interested in. You can subscribe to a board, a blog article, an idea exchange, or any other location in the community. You can also subscribe to a specific post.

To subscribe a piece of content:

1. Go to the item you want to subscribe to.
  2. To subscribe to a location, click (Location) Options > Subscribe.
    To subscribe to a specific post, go to the post and click (Post) Options > Subscribe

To view and manage your subscriptions:

1. Go to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications.
  2. Click My Subscriptions to see a list of the items you've subscribed to.
    You can click a subscription to go to the item.
  3. To delete a subscription, click the check box for the subscription and click Email Subscription Options > Delete Selected Subscriptions
0 Likes
jlg21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, LawrenceC.  That answers most of my question.  I found the options you're talking about in "My Subscriptions."  But based on the settings I have, I don't see why I'm not receiving email messages when replies are posted to a thread I'm subscribing to.   Hopefully, this falls into the "common mistakes" category and you can anticipate what I did wrong. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jlg2,

To receive email notifications for new replies to topics to which you are subscribed, please do the following:

First, navigate to My Settings, then select the Subscriptions & Bookmarks tab, followed by the Notification Settings tab. Alternatively, the following link should take you to the correct settings page:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions:notification-settings.

In General Settings, you will want to uncheck Turn off all email notifications and set For my forum subscriptions, notify me for to All Posts.

Next, scroll down to Notify me of: under Email Notifications and set New replies posted to content I subscribe to to Immediately (or whichever frequency you prefer).

You may wish to adjust other settings on this page as desired.

When done, click the SAVE button at the bottom of the page.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

0 Likes